Baku’s bid for Expo 2025 presented at Heydar Aliyev Center
A presentation of Baku’s bid to host World Expo 2025 was held at the Heydar Aliyev Center on Thursday for representatives of the diplomatic corps accredited in Azerbaijan.
Anar Alakbarov, Assistant to the First Vice-President of Azerbaijan, Director of the Heydar Aliyev Center, Elchin Amirbayov, Head of the Azerbaijani Delegation to the Bureau International des Expositions (BIE) and Paul Foster, Executive Director for Expo 2015 Baku Operations Secretariat, addressed the ceremony.
At the event, the participants were informed about the work carried out regarding Baku's bid to host World Expo 2025 and steps to be taken.
It was announced that the letter of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev about the nomination of Baku for holding the World Expo 2025 was delivered to the BIE on May 18.
Anar Alakbarov spoke about the reception organized with the participation of the First Vice-President of Azerbaijan, Mehriban Aliyeva, in Paris on November 14 on the occasion of Baku's bid to host World Expo 2025, noting that the government of Azerbaijan is rendering high political support to the project.
He noted that Azerbaijan pursues the chance to bring the World Expo to Baku and to this part of the world for the first time.
Talking about the success and experience of Azerbaijan in holding international events, Alakbarov highlighted that Baku hosted the World Summit of Religious Leaders in 2010, the Global Forum of the UN Alliance of Civilizations in 2016, the biannual Baku International Humanitarian Forum, the World Forum of Intercultural Dialogue supported by UNESCO, the Council of Europe, the UN Alliance of Civilizations, the World Tourism Organization, ISESCO - created unique opportunities for active cooperation between member states of the Council of Europe and the Organization of Islamic Cooperation and other event.
He stressed that Azerbaijan has become a reliable partner of the world countries, both economically and politically.
Alakbarov reminded that Azerbaijan is a full member of the BIE, and since 2000 participates in the Expo.
He stressed that in Milan the national project entitled “Azerbaijan: A treasury of biodiversity” received a high appraisal among 54 pavilions by the Organizing Committee of Milan Expo and was named the pearl of the Milan Expo. National Pavilion won the prize for the most successful project in the “Design and materials” nomination and was acknowledged as the most beautiful pavilion of the Milan Expo 2015, he added.
He further stressed that Azerbaijan has also attended the Specialized Expo in Antalya in 2016 and won the prize in the one of the most outstanding nominations.
Also, while participating at "Astana Expo" in Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan presented the national pavilion "Land of Energy" and was awarded with a second prize in the “best design” category.
Alakbarov underlined that Azerbaijan is a politically stable and ever-developing country.
He added that the 2019 European Youth Festival, the 2020 European Karate Championship and some group games of the UEFA Euro 2020 will be held Azerbaijan.
He said that Azerbaijan successfully hosts automobile races, and that Baku has been hosting the Formula One races with the close involvement of the Azerbaijan Automobile Federation since 2016. He added that this project will continue in the capital in the upcoming years.
Alakbarov also noted that the "Expo 2025 Baku" project is supported by the state and wider public.
Addressing the event, Amirbayov informed about the work done so far in the framework of the Baku Expo 2025 and the steps to be taken before the elections to be held on Nov.18, 2018 to define the city that will host the World Expo 2025.
He noted that in late September 2017 Baku's candidacy file for the World Expo 2025 was submitted to the BIE, and during the next 11 months the Bureau will get acquainted with Azerbaijan's proposal for the exhibition and the prepared project document on the organization of the Expo 2025.
Amirbayov informed the participants that so far the BIE has not held a World Exhibition in Eastern Europe, the Caucasus region and the Caspian Basin.
He said that the organization of the Expo 2025 in Baku can expand the traditional geography, where this international event is held. The head of the Azerbaijani delegation stressed that, along with the growth of local business opportunities in Azerbaijan, the exhibition will play an exceptional role in increasing investments and establishing business ties.
Amirbayov believes the World Expo 2025 will positively affect the growth of the number of visitors to Azerbaijan, to which tourists have shown great interest in recent years.
Foster, for his part, informed about the main technical parameters of the project, as well as about the preparatory work for the visit of the evaluation commission of the BIE to Baku in March 2018.
Foster said that the territory intended for the exhibition "Baku Expo 2025" is located in the eastern part of Baku. This place has a territory of 200 hectares, he said, adding that the territory will have the form of an eight-pointed star, which is displayed on the State Emblem of Azerbaijan.
He said that www.bakuexpo2025.com is functioning since Nov. 14. The site reflects the main points of the exhibition.
The event also featured videos about the culture, history, customs and traditions of Azerbaijan, religious tolerance, as well as prestigious events held in the country, and on the theme of Expo proposed by Azerbaijan.
- 16.10.2017Gilan Holding to participate in WorldBuild Baku 2017
- 15.09.2017Armenian provocation prevented in Worldfood Moscow exhibition
- 17.05.2017President visits WorldFood Azerbaijan and CaspianAgro 2017 exhibitions
- 02.05.2017Baku to host CaspianAgro 2017 exhibition
- 02.05.2017Leading companies of numerous countries to participate in Baku food industry exhibition
- 19.09.2016Deputy Minister: Trade turnover between Azerbaijan and Iran increased 70%
- 20.05.2016President Ilham Aliyev visits international exhibitions in Baku
- 11.05.2016Baku hosting TransCaspian and Road & Traffic exhibitions
- 08.04.2016President Ilham Aliyev attends Azerbaijan International Travel and Tourism Fair
- 13.06.2015“Asan İmza” presented in Poland
- 02.12.2014Azerbaijani President attends Bakutel-2014 exhibition
- 02.06.2014Nearly 30 countries to join Caspian International Oil & Gas Exhibition
- 09.04.2014Azerbaijani entrepreneurs invited to international fair in Italy
- 05.04.2014Baku hosted AITF 2014
- 28.11.2013Dubai to host 2020 World Expo
- 31.10.2013International Healthcare, Stomatology and Beauty and Aesthetic Medicine exhibitions kick off in Baku
- 30.10.2013Three international exhibitions to open in Baku tomorrow
- 28.11.2012Official opening ceremony of “The First Azerbaijan International Exhibition of Sport, Sports Equipment and Sportswear” held
- 13.11.2012Azerbaijan to host international sport exhibition
- 30.10.2012Baku to host international ICT exhibition next week
- 17.10.2012International construction exhibition kicks off in Baku - PHOTOSESSION - VIDEO
- 16.10.2012International construction exhibition to kick off in Baku, tomorrow
- 26.09.2012International Healthcare Exhibition and International Beauty and Aesthetic Medicine Exhibition to be opened in Baku tomorrow
- 30.08.2012Baku to Host International Congress ‘Tunneling and Underground Infrastructure in Urban Areas’
- 05.07.2012UNICEF and Azersun Holding start partnership on support for children - PHOTOSESSION
- 13.06.2012International transport exhibition kicks off in Baku - PHOTOSESSION - VIDEO
- 04.06.2012Baku to host Caspian Power international exhibition
- 04.06.2012Baku to host International Caspian Oil & Gas Exhibition tomorrow - PHOTO
- 22.05.2012Baku to host international oil-gas exhibition-conference on June 5-8
- 15.05.2012WorldFood Azerbaijan-2012 exhibition kicks off in Baku - PHOTOSESSION
- 14.05.2012Baku to host WorldFood Azerbaijan-2012 exhibition tomorrow
- 25.04.2012Baku to host WorldFood Azerbaijan-2012 exhibition next month
- 13.04.2012President Ilham Aliyev visits 11th Azerbaijan International Travel & Tourism Fair
- 12.04.2012International tourism exhibition kicks off in Baku - PHOTOSESSION - VIDEO
- 11.04.2012Baku to host international tourism exhibition tomorrow - PHOTO
- 12.03.2012Baku to host international tourism exhibition in April
- 07.03.2012Baku to host 23 international exhibitions this year
- 21.02.2012Baku to host international oil & gas and petrochemical forum in April
- 01.02.2012Bulgaria to participate in international tourism exhibition, Baku
- 30.12.2011Baku to host a seminar on “How to increase the efficiency of participation in exhibitions”
- 20.12.2017Ankara, Tehran welcome Baku’s bid to host Expo 2025
- 22.12.2017Baku’s bid to host Expo 2025 presented at OIC headquarters
- 12.12.2017Expo 2025 is an exceptional project for Azerbaijan’s future, says BIE official
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijan's First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with deputy secretary general of Bureau International des Expositions
- 04.12.2017Gilan Holding arouses great interest at RecExpo