President Ilham Aliyev views works carried out in "Baku Agropark" in Zira settlement - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has today viewed works carried out in "Baku Agropark" in Zira settlement, Khazar district.
Minister of Economy Shahin Mustafayev and entrepreneur Samad Qurbanov informed the head of state of the agropark.
“Baku Agropark” Ltd costs nearly 68 million manats.
It includes a greenhouse complex for growing tomato, which occupies an area of 10 hectares. The complex has an annual production capacity of 3.3 million tons. The first stage of the project, which included construction of infrastructure, cost 21.7 million manats, of which 10 million manats were provided by the Entrepreneurship Support Fund in preferential loans.
The greenhouse features the fourth generation Dutch technology of growing tomato. The complex exports its products under “Tomat.az” brand.
The project created 140 jobs. Once fully operational, the complex will create more jobs.
President Ilham Aliyev met with the staff of the complex and posed for photographs with them.
- 22.05.2018Center for Agrarian Research to be established under Azerbaijan’s Agriculture Ministry
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijani president assigns AZN 5M for ameliorative measures in Nakhchivan
- 11.05.2018Food Safety Agency to control quality of grain products from July 1
- 03.05.2018Azerbaijan to reconsider increase of subsidy for per hectare of vineyards
- 03.05.2018Azerbaijan plans to quintuple wine export by 2025
- 03.05.2018Azerbaijani president approves State Program on development of winemaking
- 02.05.2018New chairman appointed to Agrolizing - EXCLUSIVE
- 20.04.2018USD rate for April 23 announced
- 13.04.2018Azerbaijan increases meat import
- 13.04.2018Azerbaijan increases wheat import by 54%
- 02.04.2018AZN 45.3mln allocated for irrigation of winter pastures in Sabirabad and Salyan
- 26.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev: We restore cotton-growing in Azerbaijan
- 25.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev viewed Barda farmer Musa Guliyev`s cotton plantation
- 12.03.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 21M to provide sowing areas with irrigation water
- 07.03.2018U.S., Azerbaijan help farmers make affordable animal feed in Imishli
- 02.03.2018President signs order on development of plant-growing
- 01.03.2018Gold price goes down
- 23.02.2018AZN 160M allocated for improved technical support to agrarian field
- 17.02.2018Minister: ‘Import of tea products causes huge currency flow from Azerbaijan’
- 17.02.2018Azerbaijan soon to start subsidy payouts to beekeepers
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 700,000 for supplying Jojug Marjanli’s sowing areas with irrigation water
- 13.02.2018Azerbaijani president approves State Program on development of citrus fruit-growing
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijan to increase green tea leave harvest up to 8.5mln tons in 10 years
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani president approves State Program on development of tea-growing
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijani president approves State Program on development of paddy growing
- 06.02.2018Azerbaijani oil price rises
- 01.02.2018Restriction on imports of poultry products from Iran to Azerbaijan remains in effect
- 26.01.2018Properties of several ministries transferred to balance of Food Safety Agency
- 12.01.2018New bill on stimulating agricultural insurance to be tabled in Azerbaijani Parliament
- 05.01.2018Azerbaijan approves quota for fishing in 2018
- 28.12.2017Oil prices go up
- 25.12.2017Export of agricultural products from Azerbaijan to Russia increased by 60%
- 02.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev views vineyards in Shamakhi
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijani president signs order on development of tea, rice and citrus fruits production
- 03.09.2017Azerbaijani President: Conditions created in our districts prevent migration to large cities
- 03.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev: We increased our currency reserves by $3.6bn in 7 months
- 03.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev chairs republican conference on development of tea, rice and citrus fruits production in Lankaran
- 02.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev viewed Gilan Orchards LLC`s citrus gardens in Lankaran
- 02.09.2017Azerbaijan President opens Khazar Palace hotel in Lankaran
- 02.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev viewed rice paddies and opened rice plant in Lankaran
- 20.12.2017Assistant to President: Lack of knowledge cannot be compensated by increase of allocations from budget
- 20.12.2017Assistant to President: Agriculture less-developed than other fields
- 21.12.2017Group of individuals awarded for their distinguished service at agricultural development
- 27.11.2017Azerbaijani president approves State Program on development of sericulture
- 09.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev: This year saw a record year in purchase of agricultural machinery
- 06.10.2017Azerbaijani president issues order on continuation of state support to development of sericulture