Miss Puerto Rico crowned Miss World 2016
Puerto Rico's Stephanie Del Valle was crowned Miss World 2016 on Sunday, winning the top prize in the 66th edition of the pageant held this year in the United States, Reuters reported.
The 19-year-old law and communications student said it was an "honor and a great responsibility" to represent her country.
The first runner-up was Yaritza Miguelina Reyes Ramirez of the Dominican Republic, followed by second runner-up Natasha Mannuela from Indonesia.
The top five finalists also included Evelyn Njambi Thungu from Kenya, and Catriona Elisa Gray from the Philippines.
Contestants from more than 100 countries took part in the Miss World beauty pageant, held at National Harbor near Washington, D.C.
Related news releases
- 16.05.2016Turkish president congratulates Ukraine's Jamala on victory in Eurovision 2016
- 14.05.2016The final of Eurovision- 2016 Song Contest starts in Stocholm
- 13.05.201610 more finalists through to the Grand Final
- 12.05.2016Azerbaijani broadcaster: Another provocation will result in Armenian disqualification from Eurovision
- 11.05.2016EBU warns Armenia over flag incident at Eurovision semi final
- 11.05.2016Azerbaijani broadcasting company calls for Armenian withdrawal from Eurovision
- 11.05.2016Semra Rehimli: "I am so happy to represent Azerbaijan"
- 11.05.2016Azerbaijan's representative qualifies for finale of Eurovision-2016 Song Contest
- 03.05.2016Azerbaijan's Eurovision entry performs in first rehearsal in Stockholm
- 29.04.2016Eurovision 2016: Separatist Karabakh regime flag banned
- 15.04.2016Azerbaijan’s Eurovision entry visits Israel
- 26.03.2016Eros Ramazzotti to give concert in Baku
- 10.03.2016Azerbaijan to present Eurovision song at weekend
- 10.03.2016Azerbaijan names Eurovision 2016 representative
- 29.02.2016Eurovision 2016 tickets go on sale
- 11.12.2015Sergey Lazarev to represent Russia in Eurovision-2016
- 13.06.2015Lady Gaga hidden in hotel for days before games show
- 24.05.2015Sweden has won the Eurovision Song Contest 2015 - PHOTO
- 22.05.2015Elnur Huseynov qualifies to the final of “Eurovision song contest - 2015"
- 21.05.2015“Night of Azerbaijan” held in Vienna as part of 2015 Eurovision song contest - PHOTOSESSION
- 20.05.2015Eurovision-2015 Song Contest kicks off with first semi-final
- 20.04.2015Elnur Huseynov continues his promo tour in Amsterdam - PHOTO
- 14.04.2015Azerbaijan’s Eurovision 2015 representative appears on morning talk show in Budapest
- 28.03.2015Azerbaijan fourth in online voting on Eurovision-2015
- 23.03.2015Azerbaijan to perform 11th in second semi-final of Eurovision-2015
- 23.03.2015Israel protests Hungary Eurovision song
- 17.03.2015Armenian song to be presented in Eurovision-2015 under a new heading
- 03.03.2015Rule of selecting Azerbaijani representative for Eurovision song contest changed
- 23.02.2015New winners of 87th Academy Awards announced - PHOTOSESSION
- 19.02.2015Elnur Huseynov becomes winner of "O Ses Türkiye"
- 13.02.2015ITV: Eurovision song contest can’t be a victim of any country's political ambitions and converted into a political arena
- 06.02.2015Turkey to compete at Eurovision 2015
- 12.09.2014Eurovision-2015 slogan revealed
- 07.08.2014Eurovision 2015: Host city announced
- 15.05.2014Azerbaijan dissatisfied with counting of votes in Eurovision 2014 song contest
- 11.05.2014Austrian drag queen Conchita Wurst wins Eurovision
- 09.05.2014All finalists of the "Eurovision- 2014" Song Contest defined - PHOTOSESSION
- 07.05.2014Spanish “Eurovision 2014” representative expects high point from Azerbaijan - PHOTO
- 07.05.2014Manager Communications & PR for Eurovision: “There has been changes of rules indicating transparency of voting”
- 07.05.2014Azerbaijani representative Dilare Kazimova passes to finale of "Eurovision-2014" Song Contest - PHOTOSESSION
- 26.12.2016Singer George Michael of Wham! fame dead at 53
- 30.01.2017Miss France crowned Miss Universe
- 05.12.2016Diana Hajiyeva to represent Azerbaijan at Eurovision 2017
- 31.10.201643 countries to participate in Eurovision 2017
- 25.05.2016French fashion designer Jean-Claude Jitrois presents his collection in Baku