Eurovision-2015 slogan revealed
Baku. Javid Zeynalli – APA. "Building Bridges" is the official slogan for the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest, ORF, the Host Broadcaster revealed tonight.
There were hundreds of proposals to ORF for the slogan, both internally and externally. In the end, it was "Building Bridges" that was picked to be the most suitable one for the next contest by the organizers, APA reports citing www.eurovision.tv.
It was the creative agency PKP BBDO who was behind the concept that will connect the variety of ingredients of the upcoming event. In the next weeks, the concept will be visualised from the logo to the on-screen graphics.
Dr. Alexander Wrabetz, the Director General of ORF: "After the decision for Vienna as the host city and the nomination of the complete core team, we have set another important milestone on the way of organizing the world’s largest TV entertainment event by choosing the slogan. With "Building Bridges" we have chosen a theme, the idea of Europe with the uniting character of music and that in Vienna, the traditional capital of world music in the heart of Europe."
The Director General continued: "The end of the Second World War marks the 70th time European countries shake hands with each other - in Austria, the country that has always assumed a central role as a mediating instance, as a bridge between the East and the West. We understand this slogan as a logical extension of the idea Conchita Wurst formulated at the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest and also lived: the importance of openness, tolerance across all borders for a joint interaction. With the song contest in Vienna, we want music to build bridges across borders, cultures and languages. In light of the unifying power of this great common European event, we invite all to build bridges and to join hands."
"It's a great slogan that captures what the Eurovision Song Contest has been all about since 1956 - bringing people together. We are looking forward to continue building with our colleagues in Austria for the next eight months - it will be the biggest bridge ORF has ever built!" says Jon Ola Sand, Executive Supervisor of the Eurovision Song Contest, on behalf of the EBU.
The 2015 Eurovision Song Contest is set to take place in Vienna, Austria in May.
Related news releases
- 26.07.2017Revealed when and where the Eurovision 2018 Song Contest to be held
- 27.06.2017Bollywood star: "I'm happy to be in Azerbaijan"
- 01.06.2017Eurovision executive supervisor happy with Ukrainian organizers
- 14.05.2017Portugal wins Eurovision song contest for first time
- 14.05.2017Diana Hajieva performed in the final of the song contest "Eurovision-2017"
- 13.05.2017The Grand Final of Eurovision 2017 starts
- 12.05.2017All finalists for Eurovision Song Contest 2017 revealed
- 10.05.2017Azerbaijan's representative qualifies for finale of Eurovision-2017 Song Contes
- 09.05.2017Azerbaijan`s representative for Eurovision 2017 performs in first semi-final
- 06.05.2017Gianluca Vacchi holds press conference in Baku
- 02.05.2017American pop singer Nicole Scherzinger to perform in Baku
- 30.01.2017Miss France crowned Miss Universe
- 26.12.2016Singer George Michael of Wham! fame dead at 53
- 19.12.2016Miss Puerto Rico crowned Miss World 2016
- 05.12.2016Diana Hajiyeva to represent Azerbaijan at Eurovision 2017
- 31.10.201643 countries to participate in Eurovision 2017
- 25.05.2016French fashion designer Jean-Claude Jitrois presents his collection in Baku
- 16.05.2016Turkish president congratulates Ukraine's Jamala on victory in Eurovision 2016
- 14.05.2016The final of Eurovision- 2016 Song Contest starts in Stocholm
- 13.05.201610 more finalists through to the Grand Final
- 12.05.2016Azerbaijani broadcaster: Another provocation will result in Armenian disqualification from Eurovision
- 11.05.2016EBU warns Armenia over flag incident at Eurovision semi final
- 11.05.2016Azerbaijani broadcasting company calls for Armenian withdrawal from Eurovision
- 11.05.2016Semra Rehimli: "I am so happy to represent Azerbaijan"
- 11.05.2016Azerbaijan's representative qualifies for finale of Eurovision-2016 Song Contest
- 03.05.2016Azerbaijan's Eurovision entry performs in first rehearsal in Stockholm
- 29.04.2016Eurovision 2016: Separatist Karabakh regime flag banned
- 15.04.2016Azerbaijan’s Eurovision entry visits Israel
- 26.03.2016Eros Ramazzotti to give concert in Baku
- 10.03.2016Azerbaijan to present Eurovision song at weekend
- 10.03.2016Azerbaijan names Eurovision 2016 representative
- 29.02.2016Eurovision 2016 tickets go on sale
- 11.12.2015Sergey Lazarev to represent Russia in Eurovision-2016
- 13.06.2015Lady Gaga hidden in hotel for days before games show
- 24.05.2015Sweden has won the Eurovision Song Contest 2015 - PHOTO
- 22.05.2015Elnur Huseynov qualifies to the final of “Eurovision song contest - 2015"
- 21.05.2015“Night of Azerbaijan” held in Vienna as part of 2015 Eurovision song contest - PHOTOSESSION
- 20.05.2015Eurovision-2015 Song Contest kicks off with first semi-final
- 20.04.2015Elnur Huseynov continues his promo tour in Amsterdam - PHOTO
- 14.04.2015Azerbaijan’s Eurovision 2015 representative appears on morning talk show in Budapest
- 06.02.2015Turkey to compete at Eurovision 2015
- 13.02.2015ITV: Eurovision song contest can’t be a victim of any country's political ambitions and converted into a political arena
- 19.02.2015Elnur Huseynov becomes winner of "O Ses Türkiye"
- 07.08.2014Eurovision 2015: Host city announced
- 15.05.2014Azerbaijan dissatisfied with counting of votes in Eurovision 2014 song contest
- 11.05.2014Austrian drag queen Conchita Wurst wins Eurovision