UN High Representative: Baku process has become a platform
The Baku process has become a platform, UN High Representative for the Alliance of Civilizations Nassir Abdulaziz Al-Nasser said at the official opening ceremony of the 4th World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue in Baku Friday, APA reports.
He stressed the need for combined efforts to achieve the goals set.
“The UN secretary-general attaches great importance to the calls for peace. We should achieve our goals and objectives through cooperation. We should prevent military conflicts,” said the high representative, underlining the importance of ensuring human rights protection.
He noted that the main objective of the Baku process is to promote sustainable development and dialogue.
The UN sees interreligious and intercultural dialogue as an effective tool against radicalism, according to Abdulaziz Al-Nasser.
The UN high representative called for a comprehensive fight against extremism and terrorism.
“Let's not forget that today's challenges are related to the fact that religion is used by some religious groups to manipulate. Remember that universal unity is essential for restoring peace. We should pay more attention to building cultural bridges to achieve new goals. We should know that progress can be made through by integration among people, religions and cultures. Extremists are trying to undermine our values. We see Azerbaijan as an important partner to achieve these goals. The world will live in peace and tranquility when people feel safe in their daily life,” he added.
Related news releases
- 06.07.2018Azerbaijan to mark Azad Mirzejanzade’s 90th birthday
- 05.07.2018Sumgayit State Drama Theatre to mark 50th anniversary
- 05.07.2018Tamara Sinyavskaya awarded “Sharaf” Order
- 04.07.2018Azerbaijan to host 43rd session of UNESCO World Heritage Committee
- 28.06.2018New appointments at Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Culture
- 27.06.2018Azerbaijan names two deputy ministers of culture
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijan elected to one of UNESCO’s most important bodies
- 25.05.2018Press conference on documentary “The Last Session” held in Baku
- 21.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards Friendship Order to Anna Netrebko
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijan names first deputy minister of culture
- 18.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on several museum employees
- 09.05.2018Azerbaijan’s President awards art workers with presidential awards
- 09.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards cultural figures with presidential personal pension
- 01.05.2018Original portraits of Shah Ismail and son to be exhibited in Azerbaijan
- 30.04.2018‘Ali and Nino’ play to be premiered in Georgia
- 26.04.2018British Film Springs to life in Baku
- 23.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to confer honorary titles on several professionals over cultural heritage protection
- 03.04.2018“Absheron National Park” documentary presented
- 25.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev viewed newly-reconstructed Barda Mausoleum and Torpaggala Complex
- 06.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to director of Moscow Academic Theatre of Satire
- 05.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva attends opening ceremony of Cultural Center in Shagan
- 19.02.2018Arif Babayev awarded Sharaf Order
- 09.02.2018Alexander Sharovsky awarded ‘Sharaf’ Order
- 02.02.2018Rafig Azimov awarded Shohrat Order
- 01.02.2018Magsud Ibrahimbeyov Creative Center to be established in Azerbaijan
- 31.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on marking 120th anniversary of Azerbaijani cinema
- 23.01.2018Oscars 2018: The list of nominees in full
- 16.01.2018People’s Artist Chingiz Sadykhov laid to rest - UPDATED
- 10.01.2018Body of famous musician Chingiz Sadykhov to be brought to Azerbaijan
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers Shohrat orders upon Rauf Babayev and Flora Gasimova
- 28.12.2017Salkhab Mammadov awarded Sharaf Order
- 27.12.2017Film dedicated to famous Indian actor Dharmendra screened in Baku
- 22.12.2017Azerbaijan to mark 80th anniversary of composer Elza Ibrahimova
- 22.12.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to Golden Fox Award winner Steppe Man
- 20.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev presents "Heydar Aliyev" Order to People’s Artist Omar Eldarov
- 16.12.2017Vice-President of Heydar Aliyev Foundation Leyla Aliyeva attends poetry day in Gabala - UPDATED
- 07.12.2017Kamancha inscribed on UNESCO Representative List as cultural samples of Azerbaijan and Iran
- 06.12.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva inaugurates new building of music school named after Rostropovichs
- 06.12.2017UNESCO recognizes Azerbaijan's dolma as Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity
- 18.11.2017IV Baku Int’l Tourism Film Festival wraps up
- 05.05.2017Role of parliaments discussed at World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue in Baku
- 06.05.2017Ministers of culture and tourism meet within framework of Baku Forum
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijan to mark Bulbul’s 120th anniversary
- 05.05.2017Council of Europe calls on member states to pass laws to prevent discrimination
- 05.05.2017OIC: World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue ‘a crucial step’ taken to address global challenges
- 04.05.2017Armenia was also invited to participate in Baku Forum, says Azerbaijani minister