Turkvision 2014 completes program of "Kazan - The Cultural Capital of the Turkic World 2014" - PHOTO
Baku – APA. Turkvision 2014 completed the program of "Kazan - The Cultural Capital of the Turkic World 2014".
APA reports that the President of the Republic of Tatarstan Rustam Minnikhanov, the Secretary General of the International Organization of Turkic Culture (TURKSOY) Dusen Kaseinov, ministers of culture of Turkic-speaking countries and countries-members of the organization were among the guests of honor of the event.
25 singers (representatives from Tatarstan, Turkey, Kazakhstan, Bashkortostan, Moscow, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Macedonia, Iran, Crimea, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Yakutia, Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan) those are the winners of the national qualifying rounds contended the first prize.
The singer from Kazakhstan Zhanar Dugalova became the winner of "Turkvision-2014" with 225 votes in the final (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SUDVUjQM4g). As the contest winner Zhanar has been awarded with opportunity of annual rotation of her music videos on the international TMB TV channel as well as with cash award.
Aydar Suleyman from Tatarstan took the second place with 201 votes, and ethno-show-project «ZAMAN», representing Bashkortostan, took the third place with a slight lag in the number of votes - 199.
Azerbaijan was represented at the contest by the winner of the "Azərbaycanın səsi" project (The Voice of Azerbaijan) Elvin Ordubadly with the song "Divlərin yalnızlığı" ("Loneliness of giants") written by Ayshe Birgul Yilmaz from Turkey and Honored Artist of Azerbaijan Elza Seyidjahan. Elvin took the ninth place.
The President of the Republic of Tatarstan Rustam Minnikhanov, the Secretary General of TURKSOY Dusen Kaseinov and the Minister of Culture of Turkmenistan Annageldy Garajayev have congratulated the winner and all participants.
"Turkvision" - international TV Song Contest of the Turkic world is held since 2013. It has been initiated and founded by TMB TV channel. The purposes and goals of this contest are to promote the modern Turkic variety music art, expand international creative relations, strengthen mutual understanding and cooperation between the Turkic countries and nations.
TMB TV retransmits the broadcasting on 40 partner TV channels in 24 countries. The total audience of the event was about 300 million people. Tatarstan's population watched the contest's final live on "Maidan" and "TNV" channels.
As a result of the meeting of the Permanent Council of the International Organization of Turkic Culture TURKSOY, it was decided to announce Mary city, Turkmenistan, the Cultural Capital of the Turkic World in 2015! Therefore, next year Turkvision 2015 contest will be held in Turkmenistan.
- 25.04.2017Azerbaijani youth to receive higher education in film industry in Russia
- 13.04.2017The pain, joy and poetry of mugham comes to Paris
- 07.04.2017British Film Spring due in Baku
- 04.04.2017Polad Bulbuloglu: Very thoughtful, planned work needed to optimize UNESCO’s activities
- 18.03.2017Ganja takes up role as CIS Cultural Capital 2017
- 17.03.2017Nine nominations received for post of UNESCO Director-General
- 09.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards theatre figures
- 23.02.2017Khojaly 25 years on – an evocative musical remembrance in the centre of neutrality
- 10.02.2017Azerbaijan to mark Mstislav Rostropovich’s 90th birth anniversary
- 08.02.2017Iran rejects reports of ‘The Voice of Artsakh’ band preparing to give concert
- 02.02.2017Ilham Aliyev: Humanitarian sphere – one of main directions of Azerbaijan’s state policy
- 02.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev unveils monument to prominent conductor of Azerbaijan
- 27.01.2017Japanese film festival opens in Baku
- 18.01.2017Azerbaijani parliament set to discuss new draft laws in spring session
- 17.01.2017London hosts event dedicated to Azerbaijani mugham
- 16.01.2017Azerbaijani composer Fikrat Amirov remembered in Los Angeles
- 27.12.2016Azerbaijan to erect monument to prominent conductor Niyazi
- 26.12.2016Ilham Aliyev presents Heydar Aliyev Order to outstanding singer
- 25.12.2016Azerbaijani people’s artist Aghakhan Abdullayev dies
- 07.12.2016Azerbaijan comments on Armenian media reports on Lavash
- 01.12.2016Kazakhstan’s Turkistan elected as cultural capital of Turkic world
- 01.12.2016Lavash enters UNESCO Representative List of Intangible Cultural Heritage
- 25.11.2016Azerbaijani spirit headlines at EFG London Jazz Festival
- 14.11.2016Baku to host 5th Int’l Symposium on Azerbaijani Carpets
- 11.11.2016Abulfas Garayev awarded Shohrat order
- 11.11.2016Terra documentary screened at European Film Festival in Baku
- 10.11.2016Extra funds allocated for continuation of Ganja State Philharmonic construction
- 10.11.2016Every day Azerbaijani people feel consequences of Armenian occupation, says minister
- 07.11.2016President Ilham Aliyev addresses participants of 4th Baku Int’l Theatre Conference
- 07.11.20164th Int’l Theatre Conference kicks off in Baku
- 31.10.2016American rock band to give concerts in Azerbaijan
- 25.10.2016Heydar Aliyev Center to host exhibition by renowned Mexican sculptor
- 22.10.2016Screening of documentary "Young voices, Ancient Song" held in Baku
- 21.10.2016“Karabakh traditional clothes” book catalog presented in Baku
- 20.10.2016Map provocation by Armenians prevented at Frankfurt Book Fair
- 19.10.2016President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Music Center in Aghstafa
- 19.10.2016President Ilham Aliyev opens new building of Museum of History and Local Lore
- 04.10.2016President Ilham Aliyev unveils monument to world-renowned singer Rashid Behbudov - UPDATED
- 27.09.2016President Ilham Aliyev views Sumgayit State Drama Theatre
- 22.09.2016Emotional Khojaly 613 tone poem received in rapt silence during closing of Mulhouse festival
- 26.11.2014Azerbaijani Kelaghayi included into UNESCO list
- 27.11.2014Armenian provocation on ‘Lavash’ in UNESCO prevented – Ministry
- 02.12.2014UNESCO does not consider lavash exclusive “Armenian bread” – Minister
- 05.11.2014Third Baku International Theatre Conference starts
- 15.10.2014Vienna Strauss Festival Orchestra to hold first concert in Baku on November 26
- 08.10.2014TEAS jazz reception attracts an appreciative LibDem audience