Turkvision 2014 completes program of "Kazan - The Cultural Capital of the Turkic World 2014" - PHOTO
Baku – APA. Turkvision 2014 completed the program of "Kazan - The Cultural Capital of the Turkic World 2014".
APA reports that the President of the Republic of Tatarstan Rustam Minnikhanov, the Secretary General of the International Organization of Turkic Culture (TURKSOY) Dusen Kaseinov, ministers of culture of Turkic-speaking countries and countries-members of the organization were among the guests of honor of the event.
25 singers (representatives from Tatarstan, Turkey, Kazakhstan, Bashkortostan, Moscow, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Macedonia, Iran, Crimea, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Yakutia, Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan) those are the winners of the national qualifying rounds contended the first prize.
The singer from Kazakhstan Zhanar Dugalova became the winner of "Turkvision-2014" with 225 votes in the final (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SUDVUjQM4g). As the contest winner Zhanar has been awarded with opportunity of annual rotation of her music videos on the international TMB TV channel as well as with cash award.
Aydar Suleyman from Tatarstan took the second place with 201 votes, and ethno-show-project «ZAMAN», representing Bashkortostan, took the third place with a slight lag in the number of votes - 199.
Azerbaijan was represented at the contest by the winner of the "Azərbaycanın səsi" project (The Voice of Azerbaijan) Elvin Ordubadly with the song "Divlərin yalnızlığı" ("Loneliness of giants") written by Ayshe Birgul Yilmaz from Turkey and Honored Artist of Azerbaijan Elza Seyidjahan. Elvin took the ninth place.
The President of the Republic of Tatarstan Rustam Minnikhanov, the Secretary General of TURKSOY Dusen Kaseinov and the Minister of Culture of Turkmenistan Annageldy Garajayev have congratulated the winner and all participants.
"Turkvision" - international TV Song Contest of the Turkic world is held since 2013. It has been initiated and founded by TMB TV channel. The purposes and goals of this contest are to promote the modern Turkic variety music art, expand international creative relations, strengthen mutual understanding and cooperation between the Turkic countries and nations.
TMB TV retransmits the broadcasting on 40 partner TV channels in 24 countries. The total audience of the event was about 300 million people. Tatarstan's population watched the contest's final live on "Maidan" and "TNV" channels.
As a result of the meeting of the Permanent Council of the International Organization of Turkic Culture TURKSOY, it was decided to announce Mary city, Turkmenistan, the Cultural Capital of the Turkic World in 2015! Therefore, next year Turkvision 2015 contest will be held in Turkmenistan.
- 18.11.2017IV Baku Int’l Tourism Film Festival wraps up
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan to mark 10th anniversary of Baku Process
- 15.11.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to twinning project on culture
- 13.11.2017Funding of theatre industry in Azerbaijan down by 300%
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of Ganja State Philharmonic
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijan selects entry for Eurovision 2018
- 07.11.2017Azerbaijani classical music mesmerizes audience in Sacramento
- 03.11.2017Salaries of Azerbaijan State Symphonic Orchestra’s artistic staff increased
- 31.10.2017European Film Festival to open in Baku on Nov. 2
- 30.10.2017People’s Artist Rafig Huseynov passes away
- 24.10.2017Azerbaijan to mark 135th jubilee of prominent playwright Huseyn Javid
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan to mark 100th jubilee of composer Gara Garayev
- 27.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on National Art Museum employees
- 27.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards Carpet Museum employees
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on cultural figures
- 20.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev viewed Museum of History and Local Lore in Shamkir after major overhaul
- 14.08.2017President allocates 6.9 million for development of culture
- 12.08.2017Alim Gasimov awarded “Sheref” order
- 03.08.2017Israeli ambassador: Gabala music festival well-organized
- 31.07.2017Azerbaijan to celebrate 75th anniversary of Muslim Magomayev
- 31.07.20179th Gabala International Music Festival officially opens
- 29.07.20179th Gabala International Music Festival kicks off
- 14.07.2017Heydar Aliyev Foundation organizes Days of Azerbaijani Culture in Cannes
- 11.07.2017Advisory body refuses to add Shaki Khans’ Palace to UNESCO World Heritage List
- 16.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev presents “Istiglal” Order to People's Artist Fidan Gasimova
- 24.05.2017Paris to host literary evening in honor of Azerbaijani poet Vagif Samadoglu
- 22.05.2017Firangiz Alizade awarded Sharaf Order
- 17.05.2017‘Ali and Nino’ premieres in Washington, DC
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijan to mark Bulbul’s 120th anniversary
- 06.05.2017Ministers of culture and tourism meet within framework of Baku Forum
- 05.05.2017Role of parliaments discussed at World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue in Baku
- 05.05.2017UN High Representative: Baku process has become a platform
- 05.05.2017Council of Europe calls on member states to pass laws to prevent discrimination
- 05.05.2017OIC: World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue ‘a crucial step’ taken to address global challenges
- 04.05.2017Armenia was also invited to participate in Baku Forum, says Azerbaijani minister
- 04.05.2017Azerbaijani minister: World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue is becoming global process
- 04.05.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva attends opening of newly renovated educational block of ASUCA
- 02.05.2017Sami Yusuf: Baku Shopping Festival – an excellent opportunity to promote Azerbaijan
- 01.05.2017Ramiz Guliyev awarded Sharaf order
- 28.04.2017Azerbaijan publicizes list of int’l organizations’ heads who will attend Baku Forum
- 26.11.2014Azerbaijani Kelaghayi included into UNESCO list
- 27.11.2014Armenian provocation on ‘Lavash’ in UNESCO prevented – Ministry
- 02.12.2014UNESCO does not consider lavash exclusive “Armenian bread” – Minister
- 05.11.2014Third Baku International Theatre Conference starts
- 15.10.2014Vienna Strauss Festival Orchestra to hold first concert in Baku on November 26
- 08.10.2014TEAS jazz reception attracts an appreciative LibDem audience