Press conference on documentary “The Last Session” held in Baku
A press conference the documentary “The Last Session” was held in Baku on May 25.
Addressing the press conference, Orman Aliyev, Chief Executive Officer at Baku Media Center said that the purpose of the film is to cover the last days of the 23-month glorious path of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic and show in what difficult conditions the government made its final decision, APA reports.
Aliyev said that the documentary was shot in Baku and Azerbaijan’s district where historical events took place.
“The film’s technical and creative staff consists of local specialists and professional actors. The screenplay is written on the basis of archival documents that that have not yet been studied or have been kept secret. Work on the projects was carried out for six months and shooting was conducted for 32 days in 25 locations,” he sad.
Aliyev went on to say: “The film crew composed of about 100 people. More than 50 professional actors were cast in the film with about 500 people taking part in massive scenes, with a total of 700 staff members. As Baku Media Center, we are proud of bringing together a film on the glorious page of the history of Azerbaijan's independence."
Bakhtiyar Aslanbayli, Vice President for Communications, External Affairs, Strategy & Region at said the republic, which existed only 23 months to change an exploited nation to the first and most democratic country in the East, is a source of national pride for the people of Azerbaijan.
“As Azerbaijan’s long-term and reliable partner, BP has always supported initiatives and activities to promote the country’s rich cultural heritage and national values. Azerbaijan’s first democratic republic is a truly national value that we in BP wanted to honour by joining the 100th anniversary celebrations and sharing the people’s pride,” he added.
Musallim Hasanov, screenwriter of the documentary informed about the process of writing the film script and the archival documents studied.
According to Hasanov, archival materials of other countries were also used during the writing of the script.
The director of the film is Fuad Alishov, the cinematographer is Rashad Nuriyev, the art director is Shahin Hasanli. From May 26 on, Baku Media Center will provide a free display of the film in a network of cinemas “CinemaPlus” for three days.
- 09.05.2018Azerbaijan’s President awards art workers with presidential awards
- 09.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards cultural figures with presidential personal pension
- 01.05.2018Original portraits of Shah Ismail and son to be exhibited in Azerbaijan
- 30.04.2018‘Ali and Nino’ play to be premiered in Georgia
- 26.04.2018British Film Springs to life in Baku
- 23.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to confer honorary titles on several professionals over cultural heritage protection
- 03.04.2018“Absheron National Park” documentary presented
- 25.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev viewed newly-reconstructed Barda Mausoleum and Torpaggala Complex
- 06.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to director of Moscow Academic Theatre of Satire
- 05.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva attends opening ceremony of Cultural Center in Shagan
- 19.02.2018Arif Babayev awarded Sharaf Order
- 09.02.2018Alexander Sharovsky awarded ‘Sharaf’ Order
- 02.02.2018Rafig Azimov awarded Shohrat Order
- 01.02.2018Magsud Ibrahimbeyov Creative Center to be established in Azerbaijan
- 31.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on marking 120th anniversary of Azerbaijani cinema
- 23.01.2018Oscars 2018: The list of nominees in full
- 16.01.2018People’s Artist Chingiz Sadykhov laid to rest - UPDATED
- 10.01.2018Body of famous musician Chingiz Sadykhov to be brought to Azerbaijan
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers Shohrat orders upon Rauf Babayev and Flora Gasimova
- 28.12.2017Salkhab Mammadov awarded Sharaf Order
- 27.12.2017Film dedicated to famous Indian actor Dharmendra screened in Baku
- 22.12.2017Azerbaijan to mark 80th anniversary of composer Elza Ibrahimova
- 22.12.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to Golden Fox Award winner Steppe Man
- 20.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev presents "Heydar Aliyev" Order to People’s Artist Omar Eldarov
- 16.12.2017Vice-President of Heydar Aliyev Foundation Leyla Aliyeva attends poetry day in Gabala - UPDATED
- 07.12.2017Kamancha inscribed on UNESCO Representative List as cultural samples of Azerbaijan and Iran
- 06.12.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva inaugurates new building of music school named after Rostropovichs
- 06.12.2017UNESCO recognizes Azerbaijan's dolma as Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity
- 18.11.2017IV Baku Int’l Tourism Film Festival wraps up
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan to mark 10th anniversary of Baku Process
- 15.11.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to twinning project on culture
- 13.11.2017Funding of theatre industry in Azerbaijan down by 300%
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of Ganja State Philharmonic
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijan selects entry for Eurovision 2018
- 07.11.2017Azerbaijani classical music mesmerizes audience in Sacramento
- 03.11.2017Salaries of Azerbaijan State Symphonic Orchestra’s artistic staff increased
- 31.10.2017European Film Festival to open in Baku on Nov. 2
- 30.10.2017People’s Artist Rafig Huseynov passes away
- 24.10.2017Azerbaijan to mark 135th jubilee of prominent playwright Huseyn Javid
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan to mark 100th jubilee of composer Gara Garayev
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijan elected to one of UNESCO’s most important bodies
- 21.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards Friendship Order to Anna Netrebko
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijan names first deputy minister of culture
- 18.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on several museum employees