President Ilham Aliyev: “We have a long history of friendship with Polad Bulbuloglu” - PHOTO
Baku - APA. On February 4, Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev and his spouse Mehriban Aliyeva met with a group of well-known figures of culture and art, who arrived in Baku to attend the ceremony to mark the 70th anniversary of People's Artist, Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Ambassador of Azerbaijan to Russia Polad Bulbuloglu.
The Head of State, welcoming the guests, said: "I am delighted that Polad Bulbuloghlu celebrates his anniversary at home, in the circle of family, friends and, of course, it creates a special atmosphere for us, for the city. And I think that today on the day of his birthday, our meeting also is very important. "
"We have a long history of friendship, almost forty years we know each other. Yes, I was a teenager, and Polad Bulbuloglu already a famous singer, composer. My parents had very warm attitude to him. Then, when I went to study in Moscow, we communicated very closely and frequently, and carry this friendship for many years," said Ilham Aliyev.
According to the President of Azerbaijan, Polad Bulbuloghlu’s creativity is well known: "I must say that I was always very impressed that here is a combination of proximity to the national roots, as well as the availability of his work for the whole former Soviet Union. The roots of his art go back to the history of the Azerbaijani people. He was born in a family of great Bulbul - the pride of the Azerbaijani people, the man who will forever remain in the history of our nation as a great artist and a citizen. And, of course, it inspired his work. His songs became hits in the former Soviet Union. They still live, I want to emphasize the uniqueness that he sings only own songs, and it once again reflects the depth of his talent. All his life he does what he likes and that's the main thing: As a singer, as a performer and as a person who creates, And now as an Ambassador of Azerbaijan to Russia. I am glad that he approaches this activity very creatively and doing a lot to the development of bilateral relations between our countries. "
Then President Ilham Aliyev presented Bulbuloglu one of the highest awards of the Republic of Azerbaijan "Sharaf" (Honor) order.
Addressing the event, People's Artist of the USSR Joseph Kobzon said in his speech that this is a big celebration of friendship. He noted that he feels a sense of great satisfaction that well-known figures of culture and art of different countries Russia, Moldova, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Georgia and Tajikistan participate at the ceremony.
The next speaker, the special representative of Russian President for International Cultural Cooperation Mikhail Shvidkoy said that Russian President Vladimir Putin signed a decree awarding Polad Bulbuloglu with "Honor" order.
- 16.01.2018People’s Artist Chingiz Sadykhov laid to rest - UPDATED
- 10.01.2018Body of famous musician Chingiz Sadykhov to be brought to Azerbaijan
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers Shohrat orders upon Rauf Babayev and Flora Gasimova
- 28.12.2017Salkhab Mammadov awarded Sharaf Order
- 27.12.2017Film dedicated to famous Indian actor Dharmendra screened in Baku
- 22.12.2017Azerbaijan to mark 80th anniversary of composer Elza Ibrahimova
- 22.12.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to Golden Fox Award winner Steppe Man
- 20.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev presents "Heydar Aliyev" Order to People’s Artist Omar Eldarov
- 16.12.2017Vice-President of Heydar Aliyev Foundation Leyla Aliyeva attends poetry day in Gabala - UPDATED
- 07.12.2017Kamancha inscribed on UNESCO Representative List as cultural samples of Azerbaijan and Iran
- 06.12.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva inaugurates new building of music school named after Rostropovichs
- 06.12.2017UNESCO recognizes Azerbaijan's dolma as Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity
- 18.11.2017IV Baku Int’l Tourism Film Festival wraps up
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan to mark 10th anniversary of Baku Process
- 15.11.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to twinning project on culture
- 13.11.2017Funding of theatre industry in Azerbaijan down by 300%
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of Ganja State Philharmonic
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijan selects entry for Eurovision 2018
- 07.11.2017Azerbaijani classical music mesmerizes audience in Sacramento
- 03.11.2017Salaries of Azerbaijan State Symphonic Orchestra’s artistic staff increased
- 31.10.2017European Film Festival to open in Baku on Nov. 2
- 30.10.2017People’s Artist Rafig Huseynov passes away
- 24.10.2017Azerbaijan to mark 135th jubilee of prominent playwright Huseyn Javid
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan to mark 100th jubilee of composer Gara Garayev
- 27.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on National Art Museum employees
- 27.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards Carpet Museum employees
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on cultural figures
- 20.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev viewed Museum of History and Local Lore in Shamkir after major overhaul
- 14.08.2017President allocates 6.9 million for development of culture
- 12.08.2017Alim Gasimov awarded “Sheref” order
- 03.08.2017Israeli ambassador: Gabala music festival well-organized
- 31.07.2017Azerbaijan to celebrate 75th anniversary of Muslim Magomayev
- 31.07.20179th Gabala International Music Festival officially opens
- 29.07.20179th Gabala International Music Festival kicks off
- 14.07.2017Heydar Aliyev Foundation organizes Days of Azerbaijani Culture in Cannes
- 11.07.2017Advisory body refuses to add Shaki Khans’ Palace to UNESCO World Heritage List
- 16.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev presents “Istiglal” Order to People's Artist Fidan Gasimova
- 24.05.2017Paris to host literary evening in honor of Azerbaijani poet Vagif Samadoglu
- 22.05.2017Firangiz Alizade awarded Sharaf Order
- 17.05.2017‘Ali and Nino’ premieres in Washington, DC
- 11.02.2015President Ilham Aliyev issues order on marking Vasif Adigozelov’s 80th anniversary
- 20.02.2015Azerbaijani President issues order on marking 200th anniversary of publication of Book of Dede Korkut
- 23.02.2015‘Ali and Nino’ film crew hold press conference - PHOTOSESSION
- 04.02.2015Polad Bulbuloglu’s jubilee concert held in Baku
- 04.02.2015President Ilham Aliyev issues order on marking 100th anniversary of Gamar Almaszade
- 30.01.2015Azerbaijani Minister of Culture and Tourism meets with UN High Representative for Alliance of Civilizations - PHOTO