President Ilham Aliyev addresses participants of 4th Baku Int’l Theatre Conference
The head of state noted that the socio-political developments taking place in Azerbaijan have given significant impetus to the development of educational movement, resulting in the change of form and content in areas such as literature, culture, and art.
Azerbaijan’s professional theatre emerged in the deep-rooted cultural conditions of such a period, Ilham Aliyev said in his message.
“It’s now the fourth time the international theatre conference is taking place within the framework of the 2009-2019 State Program on Azerbaijani theatre,” said the president. And I’m pleased to mention that this year’s conference is of the events dedicated to the year of multiculturalism declared by our republic.”
“It’s praiseworthy that the main goal of the Conference, attended by renowned theatre connoisseurs and theatre actors, is to determine the directions of development of theatre in the future and unite efforts for the sake of coexistence in an environment of multiculturalism and tolerance,” President Aliyev said calling the Conference a noble and benevolent initiative.
“I hope that the conference attended by theatre specialists from about 40 countries will be interesting and useful for each of the participants and will significantly contribute to the development of the world theatre. During the conference the world-famous directors, actors, producers, artists, journalists, educators and theatre specialists will have an interesting exchange of views and will further strengthen the bonds of friendship between among the countries. I once again welcome you in Azerbaijan, a place of ancient culture, and wish you success in achieving the forum’s goals,” the president added.
The 4th International Theatre Conference titled "Multiculturalism and the Theater” kicked off in Baku Nov. 7.
The conference brought together about 150 theatre connoisseurs from 38 countries.
Cultural figures, scientist and art workers from the UK, Russia, Spain, Germany, the US, Ukraine, Austria, the United Arab Emirates, Belarus, India, Georgia, Croatia, Serbia, Iran, Iraq, Italy, Kuwait, Qatar, Lithuania, Latvia, Hungary, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Poland, Bulgaria, Turkey, Greece, Japan, Sri Lanka and Sudan arrived in Azerbaijan to attend the conference.
The International Theatre Institute, International Federation for Theatre Research, International Association of Theatre Critics, International Association of Theatre for Children and Young People (ASSİTEJ), Union Internationale de la Marionnette (UNIMA) (International Puppetry Association) and Music Theatre International (MTI) are represented in the conference.
Related news releases
- 18.11.2017IV Baku Int’l Tourism Film Festival wraps up
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan to mark 10th anniversary of Baku Process
- 15.11.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to twinning project on culture
- 13.11.2017Funding of theatre industry in Azerbaijan down by 300%
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of Ganja State Philharmonic
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijan selects entry for Eurovision 2018
- 07.11.2017Azerbaijani classical music mesmerizes audience in Sacramento
- 03.11.2017Salaries of Azerbaijan State Symphonic Orchestra’s artistic staff increased
- 31.10.2017European Film Festival to open in Baku on Nov. 2
- 30.10.2017People’s Artist Rafig Huseynov passes away
- 24.10.2017Azerbaijan to mark 135th jubilee of prominent playwright Huseyn Javid
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan to mark 100th jubilee of composer Gara Garayev
- 27.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on National Art Museum employees
- 27.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards Carpet Museum employees
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on cultural figures
- 20.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev viewed Museum of History and Local Lore in Shamkir after major overhaul
- 14.08.2017President allocates 6.9 million for development of culture
- 12.08.2017Alim Gasimov awarded “Sheref” order
- 03.08.2017Israeli ambassador: Gabala music festival well-organized
- 31.07.2017Azerbaijan to celebrate 75th anniversary of Muslim Magomayev
- 31.07.20179th Gabala International Music Festival officially opens
- 29.07.20179th Gabala International Music Festival kicks off
- 14.07.2017Heydar Aliyev Foundation organizes Days of Azerbaijani Culture in Cannes
- 11.07.2017Advisory body refuses to add Shaki Khans’ Palace to UNESCO World Heritage List
- 16.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev presents “Istiglal” Order to People's Artist Fidan Gasimova
- 24.05.2017Paris to host literary evening in honor of Azerbaijani poet Vagif Samadoglu
- 22.05.2017Firangiz Alizade awarded Sharaf Order
- 17.05.2017‘Ali and Nino’ premieres in Washington, DC
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijan to mark Bulbul’s 120th anniversary
- 06.05.2017Ministers of culture and tourism meet within framework of Baku Forum
- 05.05.2017Role of parliaments discussed at World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue in Baku
- 05.05.2017UN High Representative: Baku process has become a platform
- 05.05.2017Council of Europe calls on member states to pass laws to prevent discrimination
- 05.05.2017OIC: World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue ‘a crucial step’ taken to address global challenges
- 04.05.2017Armenia was also invited to participate in Baku Forum, says Azerbaijani minister
- 04.05.2017Azerbaijani minister: World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue is becoming global process
- 04.05.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva attends opening of newly renovated educational block of ASUCA
- 02.05.2017Sami Yusuf: Baku Shopping Festival – an excellent opportunity to promote Azerbaijan
- 01.05.2017Ramiz Guliyev awarded Sharaf order
- 28.04.2017Azerbaijan publicizes list of int’l organizations’ heads who will attend Baku Forum
- 10.11.2016Every day Azerbaijani people feel consequences of Armenian occupation, says minister
- 10.11.2016Extra funds allocated for continuation of Ganja State Philharmonic construction
- 11.11.2016Terra documentary screened at European Film Festival in Baku
- 07.11.20164th Int’l Theatre Conference kicks off in Baku
- 31.10.2016American rock band to give concerts in Azerbaijan
- 25.10.2016Heydar Aliyev Center to host exhibition by renowned Mexican sculptor