President Ilham Aliyev addresses participants of 4th Baku Int’l Theatre Conference
The head of state noted that the socio-political developments taking place in Azerbaijan have given significant impetus to the development of educational movement, resulting in the change of form and content in areas such as literature, culture, and art.
Azerbaijan’s professional theatre emerged in the deep-rooted cultural conditions of such a period, Ilham Aliyev said in his message.
“It’s now the fourth time the international theatre conference is taking place within the framework of the 2009-2019 State Program on Azerbaijani theatre,” said the president. And I’m pleased to mention that this year’s conference is of the events dedicated to the year of multiculturalism declared by our republic.”
“It’s praiseworthy that the main goal of the Conference, attended by renowned theatre connoisseurs and theatre actors, is to determine the directions of development of theatre in the future and unite efforts for the sake of coexistence in an environment of multiculturalism and tolerance,” President Aliyev said calling the Conference a noble and benevolent initiative.
“I hope that the conference attended by theatre specialists from about 40 countries will be interesting and useful for each of the participants and will significantly contribute to the development of the world theatre. During the conference the world-famous directors, actors, producers, artists, journalists, educators and theatre specialists will have an interesting exchange of views and will further strengthen the bonds of friendship between among the countries. I once again welcome you in Azerbaijan, a place of ancient culture, and wish you success in achieving the forum’s goals,” the president added.
The 4th International Theatre Conference titled "Multiculturalism and the Theater” kicked off in Baku Nov. 7.
The conference brought together about 150 theatre connoisseurs from 38 countries.
Cultural figures, scientist and art workers from the UK, Russia, Spain, Germany, the US, Ukraine, Austria, the United Arab Emirates, Belarus, India, Georgia, Croatia, Serbia, Iran, Iraq, Italy, Kuwait, Qatar, Lithuania, Latvia, Hungary, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Poland, Bulgaria, Turkey, Greece, Japan, Sri Lanka and Sudan arrived in Azerbaijan to attend the conference.
The International Theatre Institute, International Federation for Theatre Research, International Association of Theatre Critics, International Association of Theatre for Children and Young People (ASSİTEJ), Union Internationale de la Marionnette (UNIMA) (International Puppetry Association) and Music Theatre International (MTI) are represented in the conference.
Related news releases
- 14.07.2017Heydar Aliyev Foundation organizes Days of Azerbaijani Culture in Cannes
- 11.07.2017Advisory body refuses to add Shaki Khans’ Palace to UNESCO World Heritage List
- 16.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev presents “Istiglal” Order to People's Artist Fidan Gasimova
- 24.05.2017Paris to host literary evening in honor of Azerbaijani poet Vagif Samadoglu
- 22.05.2017Firangiz Alizade awarded Sharaf Order
- 17.05.2017‘Ali and Nino’ premieres in Washington, DC
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijan to mark Bulbul’s 120th anniversary
- 06.05.2017Ministers of culture and tourism meet within framework of Baku Forum
- 05.05.2017Role of parliaments discussed at World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue in Baku
- 05.05.2017UN High Representative: Baku process has become a platform
- 05.05.2017Council of Europe calls on member states to pass laws to prevent discrimination
- 05.05.2017OIC: World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue ‘a crucial step’ taken to address global challenges
- 04.05.2017Armenia was also invited to participate in Baku Forum, says Azerbaijani minister
- 04.05.2017Azerbaijani minister: World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue is becoming global process
- 04.05.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva attends opening of newly renovated educational block of ASUCA
- 02.05.2017Sami Yusuf: Baku Shopping Festival – an excellent opportunity to promote Azerbaijan
- 01.05.2017Ramiz Guliyev awarded Sharaf order
- 28.04.2017Azerbaijan publicizes list of int’l organizations’ heads who will attend Baku Forum
- 25.04.2017Azerbaijani youth to receive higher education in film industry in Russia
- 13.04.2017The pain, joy and poetry of mugham comes to Paris
- 07.04.2017British Film Spring due in Baku
- 04.04.2017Polad Bulbuloglu: Very thoughtful, planned work needed to optimize UNESCO’s activities
- 18.03.2017Ganja takes up role as CIS Cultural Capital 2017
- 17.03.2017Nine nominations received for post of UNESCO Director-General
- 09.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards theatre figures
- 23.02.2017Khojaly 25 years on – an evocative musical remembrance in the centre of neutrality
- 10.02.2017Azerbaijan to mark Mstislav Rostropovich’s 90th birth anniversary
- 08.02.2017Iran rejects reports of ‘The Voice of Artsakh’ band preparing to give concert
- 02.02.2017Ilham Aliyev: Humanitarian sphere – one of main directions of Azerbaijan’s state policy
- 02.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev unveils monument to prominent conductor of Azerbaijan
- 27.01.2017Japanese film festival opens in Baku
- 18.01.2017Azerbaijani parliament set to discuss new draft laws in spring session
- 17.01.2017London hosts event dedicated to Azerbaijani mugham
- 16.01.2017Azerbaijani composer Fikrat Amirov remembered in Los Angeles
- 27.12.2016Azerbaijan to erect monument to prominent conductor Niyazi
- 26.12.2016Ilham Aliyev presents Heydar Aliyev Order to outstanding singer
- 25.12.2016Azerbaijani people’s artist Aghakhan Abdullayev dies
- 07.12.2016Azerbaijan comments on Armenian media reports on Lavash
- 01.12.2016Kazakhstan’s Turkistan elected as cultural capital of Turkic world
- 01.12.2016Lavash enters UNESCO Representative List of Intangible Cultural Heritage
- 10.11.2016Every day Azerbaijani people feel consequences of Armenian occupation, says minister
- 10.11.2016Extra funds allocated for continuation of Ganja State Philharmonic construction
- 11.11.2016Terra documentary screened at European Film Festival in Baku
- 07.11.20164th Int’l Theatre Conference kicks off in Baku
- 31.10.2016American rock band to give concerts in Azerbaijan
- 25.10.2016Heydar Aliyev Center to host exhibition by renowned Mexican sculptor