President Ilham Aliyev addresses participants of 4th Baku Int’l Theatre Conference
The head of state noted that the socio-political developments taking place in Azerbaijan have given significant impetus to the development of educational movement, resulting in the change of form and content in areas such as literature, culture, and art.
Azerbaijan’s professional theatre emerged in the deep-rooted cultural conditions of such a period, Ilham Aliyev said in his message.
“It’s now the fourth time the international theatre conference is taking place within the framework of the 2009-2019 State Program on Azerbaijani theatre,” said the president. And I’m pleased to mention that this year’s conference is of the events dedicated to the year of multiculturalism declared by our republic.”
“It’s praiseworthy that the main goal of the Conference, attended by renowned theatre connoisseurs and theatre actors, is to determine the directions of development of theatre in the future and unite efforts for the sake of coexistence in an environment of multiculturalism and tolerance,” President Aliyev said calling the Conference a noble and benevolent initiative.
“I hope that the conference attended by theatre specialists from about 40 countries will be interesting and useful for each of the participants and will significantly contribute to the development of the world theatre. During the conference the world-famous directors, actors, producers, artists, journalists, educators and theatre specialists will have an interesting exchange of views and will further strengthen the bonds of friendship between among the countries. I once again welcome you in Azerbaijan, a place of ancient culture, and wish you success in achieving the forum’s goals,” the president added.
The 4th International Theatre Conference titled "Multiculturalism and the Theater” kicked off in Baku Nov. 7.
The conference brought together about 150 theatre connoisseurs from 38 countries.
Cultural figures, scientist and art workers from the UK, Russia, Spain, Germany, the US, Ukraine, Austria, the United Arab Emirates, Belarus, India, Georgia, Croatia, Serbia, Iran, Iraq, Italy, Kuwait, Qatar, Lithuania, Latvia, Hungary, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Poland, Bulgaria, Turkey, Greece, Japan, Sri Lanka and Sudan arrived in Azerbaijan to attend the conference.
The International Theatre Institute, International Federation for Theatre Research, International Association of Theatre Critics, International Association of Theatre for Children and Young People (ASSİTEJ), Union Internationale de la Marionnette (UNIMA) (International Puppetry Association) and Music Theatre International (MTI) are represented in the conference.
Related news releases
- 18.03.2017Ganja takes up role as CIS Cultural Capital 2017
- 17.03.2017Nine nominations received for post of UNESCO Director-General
- 09.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards theatre figures
- 23.02.2017Khojaly 25 years on – an evocative musical remembrance in the centre of neutrality
- 10.02.2017Azerbaijan to mark Mstislav Rostropovich’s 90th birth anniversary
- 08.02.2017Iran rejects reports of ‘The Voice of Artsakh’ band preparing to give concert
- 02.02.2017Ilham Aliyev: Humanitarian sphere – one of main directions of Azerbaijan’s state policy
- 02.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev unveils monument to prominent conductor of Azerbaijan
- 27.01.2017Japanese film festival opens in Baku
- 18.01.2017Azerbaijani parliament set to discuss new draft laws in spring session
- 17.01.2017London hosts event dedicated to Azerbaijani mugham
- 16.01.2017Azerbaijani composer Fikrat Amirov remembered in Los Angeles
- 27.12.2016Azerbaijan to erect monument to prominent conductor Niyazi
- 26.12.2016Ilham Aliyev presents Heydar Aliyev Order to outstanding singer
- 25.12.2016Azerbaijani people’s artist Aghakhan Abdullayev dies
- 07.12.2016Azerbaijan comments on Armenian media reports on Lavash
- 01.12.2016Kazakhstan’s Turkistan elected as cultural capital of Turkic world
- 01.12.2016Lavash enters UNESCO Representative List of Intangible Cultural Heritage
- 25.11.2016Azerbaijani spirit headlines at EFG London Jazz Festival
- 14.11.2016Baku to host 5th Int’l Symposium on Azerbaijani Carpets
- 11.11.2016Abulfas Garayev awarded Shohrat order
- 22.10.2016Screening of documentary "Young voices, Ancient Song" held in Baku
- 21.10.2016“Karabakh traditional clothes” book catalog presented in Baku
- 20.10.2016Map provocation by Armenians prevented at Frankfurt Book Fair
- 19.10.2016President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Music Center in Aghstafa
- 19.10.2016President Ilham Aliyev opens new building of Museum of History and Local Lore
- 04.10.2016President Ilham Aliyev unveils monument to world-renowned singer Rashid Behbudov - UPDATED
- 27.09.2016President Ilham Aliyev views Sumgayit State Drama Theatre
- 22.09.2016Emotional Khojaly 613 tone poem received in rapt silence during closing of Mulhouse festival
- 21.09.2016President Ilham Aliyev attended opening of Mingachevir City Museum of History
- 16.09.2016Azerbaijani parliament to discuss draft laws on inscriptions, intangible cultural heritage
- 15.09.2016Azerbaijani poet Nizami Ganjavi’s Khamsa published in Uzbek
- 14.09.2016Amina Yusif gizi honored with Shohrat order
- 05.09.2016‘Azerbaijani Movie Night’ series launched in Los Angeles
- 30.08.2016Azerbaijani president signs order on 200th anniversary of establishment of German settlements in South Caucasus
- 05.08.2016Iran to hold Azerbaijani culture days
- 29.07.2016Azerbaijani president awards cinematographers
- 23.06.2016Opening ceremony of Youthvision song contest to be held on June 24
- 10.06.2016Vidadi Muradov appointed chairman of ‘Azərxalça’ OJSC Board of Directors
- 08.06.2016Baku to host music festival involving famous Russian stars
- 10.11.2016Every day Azerbaijani people feel consequences of Armenian occupation, says minister
- 10.11.2016Extra funds allocated for continuation of Ganja State Philharmonic construction
- 11.11.2016Terra documentary screened at European Film Festival in Baku
- 07.11.20164th Int’l Theatre Conference kicks off in Baku
- 31.10.2016American rock band to give concerts in Azerbaijan
- 25.10.2016Heydar Aliyev Center to host exhibition by renowned Mexican sculptor