Participants of FEI General Assembly visit Heydar Aliyev Center - PHOTOSESSION
The guests were informed that the activity of the Heydar Aliyev Center is aimed at a deep study of the statehood philosophy of Azerbaijan’s national leader Heydar Aliyev, the ideology of Azerbaijanism and the great leader’s heritage, the Heydar Aliyev Center told APA.
It was also noted that the center was built on the design by world-renowned architect Zaha Hadid.
The center, which is one of the unique examples of architecture and distinct for its versatility, has all the conditions for holding official receptions, various international conferences, meetings and other events.
The guests visited the Heydar Aliyev Museum, the “Auditorium”, as well as the exhibition halls “Masterpieces of Azerbaijan”, “Mini-Azerbaijan”, “Welcome to Azerbaijan”, and “Photos of Azerbaijani Cuisine”.
They expressed admiration for the expositions and unusual architecture of the Heydar Aliyev Center.
Harold McGahern from the Horse Sport Ireland, the Irish governing body for equestrian sport, said “I am delighted with what I saw, and also with a warm welcome! The building of the Heydar Aliyev Center is really unique in its architectural, artistic and engineering solutions. The modern technologies and educational materials about Azerbaijan’s history, culture and art allowed me to even more learn about your beautiful country.”
Josephine Finding of the British Equestrian Federation said, “I have heard a lot about the Heydar Aliyev Center, and I know that this year the building was recognized in London as the best in the world in terms of design [the ‘Design of the Year’ prize]. But when I saw this beauty with my own eyes, it made a staggering impression on me. Here you feel very comfortable and free as at home. In general, I have the most favorable impressions of Azerbaijan. It is a great country with ancient history and hospitable people.”
George Dimaras from the Hellenic Equestrian Federation said, “The Heydar Aliyev Center gives Baku, where the East and West intersect, a special beauty and gracefulness. I have been impressed not only by expositions. I have for the first time seen such a staggering four-story ‘Auditorium’. I also really liked the landscape area comprised of beautiful trees and flowers.”
Marc Revue of the Royal Belgian Equestrian Federation said, “I have been to many cities in Europe and I have seen many cultural centers, but the Heydar Aliyev Center made a special impression on me with its original design solution. There are virtually no straight lines and the building in its form is a wavy upward aspiration and a smooth merger with the ground. We have been told that this structure embodies not only the postmodernist architecture style, but also the continuity and infinity. And the lines on the building symbolize the link between the past and the future. It is fantastic!.”
Francisca Ploegmakers from the Royal Dutch Equestrian Federation said, “The visit to the Heydar Aliyev Center will long remain in my memory as a fascinating journey to the history and culture of Azerbaijan. During only one visit I could see unique exhibits, models, and photographs reflecting the country’s history and its cultural heritage, coins, jewelry, pottery and copper articles of the Middle Ages, ancient copies of the Koran, the Bible and the Torah, samples of national clothing, magnificent carpets and musical instruments. I have had a wonderful experience!.”
The General Assembly of the International Equestrian Federation (FEI) is one of the key events in the world of equestrian sport. It is annually held in different cities, and was held in Baku on December 11-14, 2014 for the first time.
More than 350 representatives have been accredited to attend the meetings, and this is a record in the history of the FEI General Assembly.
The forum, which brings together representatives of all national equestrian federations, will discuss and settle the most important issues of development of all equestrian disciplines, problems of funding, management and so on.
In connection with the election of the president of the International Equestrian Federation, the FEI General Assembly in Baku was the focus of world attention.
Presidential candidates were Ingmar De Vos (Belgium), Pierre Durand (France), Pierre Genesand (Switzerland), Ulf Helgstand (Denmark), John McEwen (England) and Javier Revuelta del Peral (Spain).
Ingmar De Vos (Belgium) has been elected the new president of the International Equestrian Federation (FEI) with the voting of the FEI General Assembly delegates in Baku, Azerbaijan.
- 18.03.2017Ganja takes up role as CIS Cultural Capital 2017
- 17.03.2017Nine nominations received for post of UNESCO Director-General
- 09.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards theatre figures
- 23.02.2017Khojaly 25 years on – an evocative musical remembrance in the centre of neutrality
- 10.02.2017Azerbaijan to mark Mstislav Rostropovich’s 90th birth anniversary
- 08.02.2017Iran rejects reports of ‘The Voice of Artsakh’ band preparing to give concert
- 02.02.2017Ilham Aliyev: Humanitarian sphere – one of main directions of Azerbaijan’s state policy
- 02.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev unveils monument to prominent conductor of Azerbaijan
- 27.01.2017Japanese film festival opens in Baku
- 18.01.2017Azerbaijani parliament set to discuss new draft laws in spring session
- 17.01.2017London hosts event dedicated to Azerbaijani mugham
- 16.01.2017Azerbaijani composer Fikrat Amirov remembered in Los Angeles
- 27.12.2016Azerbaijan to erect monument to prominent conductor Niyazi
- 26.12.2016Ilham Aliyev presents Heydar Aliyev Order to outstanding singer
- 25.12.2016Azerbaijani people’s artist Aghakhan Abdullayev dies
- 07.12.2016Azerbaijan comments on Armenian media reports on Lavash
- 01.12.2016Kazakhstan’s Turkistan elected as cultural capital of Turkic world
- 01.12.2016Lavash enters UNESCO Representative List of Intangible Cultural Heritage
- 25.11.2016Azerbaijani spirit headlines at EFG London Jazz Festival
- 14.11.2016Baku to host 5th Int’l Symposium on Azerbaijani Carpets
- 11.11.2016Abulfas Garayev awarded Shohrat order
- 11.11.2016Terra documentary screened at European Film Festival in Baku
- 10.11.2016Extra funds allocated for continuation of Ganja State Philharmonic construction
- 10.11.2016Every day Azerbaijani people feel consequences of Armenian occupation, says minister
- 07.11.2016President Ilham Aliyev addresses participants of 4th Baku Int’l Theatre Conference
- 07.11.20164th Int’l Theatre Conference kicks off in Baku
- 31.10.2016American rock band to give concerts in Azerbaijan
- 25.10.2016Heydar Aliyev Center to host exhibition by renowned Mexican sculptor
- 22.10.2016Screening of documentary "Young voices, Ancient Song" held in Baku
- 21.10.2016“Karabakh traditional clothes” book catalog presented in Baku
- 20.10.2016Map provocation by Armenians prevented at Frankfurt Book Fair
- 19.10.2016President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Music Center in Aghstafa
- 19.10.2016President Ilham Aliyev opens new building of Museum of History and Local Lore
- 04.10.2016President Ilham Aliyev unveils monument to world-renowned singer Rashid Behbudov - UPDATED
- 27.09.2016President Ilham Aliyev views Sumgayit State Drama Theatre
- 22.09.2016Emotional Khojaly 613 tone poem received in rapt silence during closing of Mulhouse festival
- 21.09.2016President Ilham Aliyev attended opening of Mingachevir City Museum of History
- 16.09.2016Azerbaijani parliament to discuss draft laws on inscriptions, intangible cultural heritage
- 15.09.2016Azerbaijani poet Nizami Ganjavi’s Khamsa published in Uzbek
- 14.09.2016Amina Yusif gizi honored with Shohrat order
- 17.12.2014Baku to host meeting of National Commissions and Committees for UNESCO of TURKSOY member states
- 18.12.2014Meeting of National Commissions and Committees for UNESCO of TURKSOY member states kicks off in Baku
- 18.12.2014State Service for Protection, Development and Restoration of Cultural Heritage established under Ministry of Culture and Tourism
- 02.12.2014UNESCO does not consider lavash exclusive “Armenian bread” – Minister
- 27.11.2014Armenian provocation on ‘Lavash’ in UNESCO prevented – Ministry
- 26.11.2014Azerbaijani Kelaghayi included into UNESCO list