Participants of FEI General Assembly visit Heydar Aliyev Center - PHOTOSESSION
The guests were informed that the activity of the Heydar Aliyev Center is aimed at a deep study of the statehood philosophy of Azerbaijan’s national leader Heydar Aliyev, the ideology of Azerbaijanism and the great leader’s heritage, the Heydar Aliyev Center told APA.
It was also noted that the center was built on the design by world-renowned architect Zaha Hadid.
The center, which is one of the unique examples of architecture and distinct for its versatility, has all the conditions for holding official receptions, various international conferences, meetings and other events.
The guests visited the Heydar Aliyev Museum, the “Auditorium”, as well as the exhibition halls “Masterpieces of Azerbaijan”, “Mini-Azerbaijan”, “Welcome to Azerbaijan”, and “Photos of Azerbaijani Cuisine”.
They expressed admiration for the expositions and unusual architecture of the Heydar Aliyev Center.
Harold McGahern from the Horse Sport Ireland, the Irish governing body for equestrian sport, said “I am delighted with what I saw, and also with a warm welcome! The building of the Heydar Aliyev Center is really unique in its architectural, artistic and engineering solutions. The modern technologies and educational materials about Azerbaijan’s history, culture and art allowed me to even more learn about your beautiful country.”
Josephine Finding of the British Equestrian Federation said, “I have heard a lot about the Heydar Aliyev Center, and I know that this year the building was recognized in London as the best in the world in terms of design [the ‘Design of the Year’ prize]. But when I saw this beauty with my own eyes, it made a staggering impression on me. Here you feel very comfortable and free as at home. In general, I have the most favorable impressions of Azerbaijan. It is a great country with ancient history and hospitable people.”
George Dimaras from the Hellenic Equestrian Federation said, “The Heydar Aliyev Center gives Baku, where the East and West intersect, a special beauty and gracefulness. I have been impressed not only by expositions. I have for the first time seen such a staggering four-story ‘Auditorium’. I also really liked the landscape area comprised of beautiful trees and flowers.”
Marc Revue of the Royal Belgian Equestrian Federation said, “I have been to many cities in Europe and I have seen many cultural centers, but the Heydar Aliyev Center made a special impression on me with its original design solution. There are virtually no straight lines and the building in its form is a wavy upward aspiration and a smooth merger with the ground. We have been told that this structure embodies not only the postmodernist architecture style, but also the continuity and infinity. And the lines on the building symbolize the link between the past and the future. It is fantastic!.”
Francisca Ploegmakers from the Royal Dutch Equestrian Federation said, “The visit to the Heydar Aliyev Center will long remain in my memory as a fascinating journey to the history and culture of Azerbaijan. During only one visit I could see unique exhibits, models, and photographs reflecting the country’s history and its cultural heritage, coins, jewelry, pottery and copper articles of the Middle Ages, ancient copies of the Koran, the Bible and the Torah, samples of national clothing, magnificent carpets and musical instruments. I have had a wonderful experience!.”
The General Assembly of the International Equestrian Federation (FEI) is one of the key events in the world of equestrian sport. It is annually held in different cities, and was held in Baku on December 11-14, 2014 for the first time.
More than 350 representatives have been accredited to attend the meetings, and this is a record in the history of the FEI General Assembly.
The forum, which brings together representatives of all national equestrian federations, will discuss and settle the most important issues of development of all equestrian disciplines, problems of funding, management and so on.
In connection with the election of the president of the International Equestrian Federation, the FEI General Assembly in Baku was the focus of world attention.
Presidential candidates were Ingmar De Vos (Belgium), Pierre Durand (France), Pierre Genesand (Switzerland), Ulf Helgstand (Denmark), John McEwen (England) and Javier Revuelta del Peral (Spain).
Ingmar De Vos (Belgium) has been elected the new president of the International Equestrian Federation (FEI) with the voting of the FEI General Assembly delegates in Baku, Azerbaijan.
- 07.12.2017Kamancha inscribed on UNESCO Representative List as cultural samples of Azerbaijan and Iran
- 06.12.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva inaugurates new building of music school named after Rostropovichs
- 06.12.2017UNESCO recognizes Azerbaijan's dolma as Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity
- 18.11.2017IV Baku Int’l Tourism Film Festival wraps up
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan to mark 10th anniversary of Baku Process
- 15.11.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to twinning project on culture
- 13.11.2017Funding of theatre industry in Azerbaijan down by 300%
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of Ganja State Philharmonic
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijan selects entry for Eurovision 2018
- 07.11.2017Azerbaijani classical music mesmerizes audience in Sacramento
- 03.11.2017Salaries of Azerbaijan State Symphonic Orchestra’s artistic staff increased
- 31.10.2017European Film Festival to open in Baku on Nov. 2
- 30.10.2017People’s Artist Rafig Huseynov passes away
- 24.10.2017Azerbaijan to mark 135th jubilee of prominent playwright Huseyn Javid
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan to mark 100th jubilee of composer Gara Garayev
- 27.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on National Art Museum employees
- 27.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards Carpet Museum employees
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on cultural figures
- 20.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev viewed Museum of History and Local Lore in Shamkir after major overhaul
- 14.08.2017President allocates 6.9 million for development of culture
- 12.08.2017Alim Gasimov awarded “Sheref” order
- 03.08.2017Israeli ambassador: Gabala music festival well-organized
- 31.07.2017Azerbaijan to celebrate 75th anniversary of Muslim Magomayev
- 31.07.20179th Gabala International Music Festival officially opens
- 29.07.20179th Gabala International Music Festival kicks off
- 14.07.2017Heydar Aliyev Foundation organizes Days of Azerbaijani Culture in Cannes
- 11.07.2017Advisory body refuses to add Shaki Khans’ Palace to UNESCO World Heritage List
- 16.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev presents “Istiglal” Order to People's Artist Fidan Gasimova
- 24.05.2017Paris to host literary evening in honor of Azerbaijani poet Vagif Samadoglu
- 22.05.2017Firangiz Alizade awarded Sharaf Order
- 17.05.2017‘Ali and Nino’ premieres in Washington, DC
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijan to mark Bulbul’s 120th anniversary
- 06.05.2017Ministers of culture and tourism meet within framework of Baku Forum
- 05.05.2017Role of parliaments discussed at World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue in Baku
- 05.05.2017UN High Representative: Baku process has become a platform
- 05.05.2017Council of Europe calls on member states to pass laws to prevent discrimination
- 05.05.2017OIC: World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue ‘a crucial step’ taken to address global challenges
- 04.05.2017Armenia was also invited to participate in Baku Forum, says Azerbaijani minister
- 04.05.2017Azerbaijani minister: World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue is becoming global process
- 04.05.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva attends opening of newly renovated educational block of ASUCA
- 17.12.2014Baku to host meeting of National Commissions and Committees for UNESCO of TURKSOY member states
- 18.12.2014Meeting of National Commissions and Committees for UNESCO of TURKSOY member states kicks off in Baku
- 18.12.2014State Service for Protection, Development and Restoration of Cultural Heritage established under Ministry of Culture and Tourism
- 02.12.2014UNESCO does not consider lavash exclusive “Armenian bread” – Minister
- 27.11.2014Armenian provocation on ‘Lavash’ in UNESCO prevented – Ministry
- 26.11.2014Azerbaijani Kelaghayi included into UNESCO list