Meeting of National Commissions and Committees for UNESCO of TURKSOY member states kicks off in Baku
The event is dedicated to the 20th anniversary of establishment of National Commission of the Republic of Azerbaijan for UNESCO.
Delivering a keynote speech, Azerbaijani Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov welcomed the guests and said it is not accidental that the event is being held in Baku.
“This year, we are celebrating the 20th anniversary of establishment of National Commission of the Republic of Azerbaijan for UNESCO. Azerbaijan has been closely cooperating with UNESCO in all important spheres, including education, science, culture, communication. Azerbaijan joined almost all conventions of the organization, became a member of various committees and hosted many international events,” he noted.
The FM said the policy pursued by Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev, ensured rapid development in social, economic, cultural and other fields, as well as expanded the state’s activities in the field of strengthening peace, prosperity, global intercultural dialogue and inter-religious tolerance in the world.
“We should emphasize the importance of Intercultural Dialogue Forum and Baku International Humanitarian Forum being held with the participation of UNESCO and TURKSOY in this regard. The works of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation headed by Mehriban Aliyeva in development of relations between Azerbaijan and UNESCO, promotion of our cultural heritage in the world and their preservation for future generations are of particular importance. The Heydar Aliyev Foundation has a great contribution to protection and development of Azerbaijan's oral folk literature and music heritage, provision of care for the material and non-material heritage of our country, as well as restoration of historical, religious and cultural monuments in Azerbaijan and abroad, opening of schools, kindergartens, health centers, scientific, cultural and social centers. “Framework Agreement for cooperation in the fields of education, sciences, culture and communication between the Government of Azerbaijan and UNESCO” was signed in Paris, 2013 that envisaged Azerbaijan’s providing UNESCO with a financial contribution of $5 million for implementation of many large-scale projects,” he added.
The meeting aims at exploring the possibilities of cooperation of Turkish-speaking countries in UNESCO, implementing various projects, discussing necessary issues such as inclusion of joint nominations into relevant lists of UNESCO and strengthening the relations between the countries. During the event, four round tables will be held on cultural and natural heritage, intangible cultural heritage, education and the memory of world programme.
The meeting is attended by government representatives, UNESCO and TURKSOY officials, heads of the Cooperation Council of Turkic Speaking States, TURKPA, International Turkish Academy, secretary generals and members of the National Commissions and Committees for UNESCO and other officials and experts for the fields of culture, science, education, information and communication technologies and activity of UNESCO.
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan to mark 100th jubilee of composer Gara Garayev
- 27.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on National Art Museum employees
- 27.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards Carpet Museum employees
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on cultural figures
- 20.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev viewed Museum of History and Local Lore in Shamkir after major overhaul
- 14.08.2017President allocates 6.9 million for development of culture
- 12.08.2017Alim Gasimov awarded “Sheref” order
- 03.08.2017Israeli ambassador: Gabala music festival well-organized
- 31.07.2017Azerbaijan to celebrate 75th anniversary of Muslim Magomayev
- 31.07.20179th Gabala International Music Festival officially opens
- 29.07.20179th Gabala International Music Festival kicks off
- 14.07.2017Heydar Aliyev Foundation organizes Days of Azerbaijani Culture in Cannes
- 11.07.2017Advisory body refuses to add Shaki Khans’ Palace to UNESCO World Heritage List
- 16.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev presents “Istiglal” Order to People's Artist Fidan Gasimova
- 24.05.2017Paris to host literary evening in honor of Azerbaijani poet Vagif Samadoglu
- 22.05.2017Firangiz Alizade awarded Sharaf Order
- 17.05.2017‘Ali and Nino’ premieres in Washington, DC
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijan to mark Bulbul’s 120th anniversary
- 06.05.2017Ministers of culture and tourism meet within framework of Baku Forum
- 05.05.2017Role of parliaments discussed at World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue in Baku
- 05.05.2017UN High Representative: Baku process has become a platform
- 05.05.2017Council of Europe calls on member states to pass laws to prevent discrimination
- 05.05.2017OIC: World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue ‘a crucial step’ taken to address global challenges
- 04.05.2017Armenia was also invited to participate in Baku Forum, says Azerbaijani minister
- 04.05.2017Azerbaijani minister: World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue is becoming global process
- 04.05.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva attends opening of newly renovated educational block of ASUCA
- 02.05.2017Sami Yusuf: Baku Shopping Festival – an excellent opportunity to promote Azerbaijan
- 01.05.2017Ramiz Guliyev awarded Sharaf order
- 28.04.2017Azerbaijan publicizes list of int’l organizations’ heads who will attend Baku Forum
- 25.04.2017Azerbaijani youth to receive higher education in film industry in Russia
- 13.04.2017The pain, joy and poetry of mugham comes to Paris
- 07.04.2017British Film Spring due in Baku
- 04.04.2017Polad Bulbuloglu: Very thoughtful, planned work needed to optimize UNESCO’s activities
- 18.03.2017Ganja takes up role as CIS Cultural Capital 2017
- 17.03.2017Nine nominations received for post of UNESCO Director-General
- 09.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards theatre figures
- 23.02.2017Khojaly 25 years on – an evocative musical remembrance in the centre of neutrality
- 10.02.2017Azerbaijan to mark Mstislav Rostropovich’s 90th birth anniversary
- 08.02.2017Iran rejects reports of ‘The Voice of Artsakh’ band preparing to give concert
- 02.02.2017Ilham Aliyev: Humanitarian sphere – one of main directions of Azerbaijan’s state policy
- 18.12.2014State Service for Protection, Development and Restoration of Cultural Heritage established under Ministry of Culture and Tourism
- 24.01.2015Moscow hosts jubilee concert for Polad Bulbuloghlu - PHOTOSESSION
- 27.01.2015UN Secretary General to visit Azerbaijan
- 17.12.2014Baku to host meeting of National Commissions and Committees for UNESCO of TURKSOY member states
- 15.12.2014Participants of FEI General Assembly visit Heydar Aliyev Center - PHOTOSESSION
- 02.12.2014UNESCO does not consider lavash exclusive “Armenian bread” – Minister