Meeting of National Commissions and Committees for UNESCO of TURKSOY member states kicks off in Baku
The event is dedicated to the 20th anniversary of establishment of National Commission of the Republic of Azerbaijan for UNESCO.
Delivering a keynote speech, Azerbaijani Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov welcomed the guests and said it is not accidental that the event is being held in Baku.
“This year, we are celebrating the 20th anniversary of establishment of National Commission of the Republic of Azerbaijan for UNESCO. Azerbaijan has been closely cooperating with UNESCO in all important spheres, including education, science, culture, communication. Azerbaijan joined almost all conventions of the organization, became a member of various committees and hosted many international events,” he noted.
The FM said the policy pursued by Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev, ensured rapid development in social, economic, cultural and other fields, as well as expanded the state’s activities in the field of strengthening peace, prosperity, global intercultural dialogue and inter-religious tolerance in the world.
“We should emphasize the importance of Intercultural Dialogue Forum and Baku International Humanitarian Forum being held with the participation of UNESCO and TURKSOY in this regard. The works of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation headed by Mehriban Aliyeva in development of relations between Azerbaijan and UNESCO, promotion of our cultural heritage in the world and their preservation for future generations are of particular importance. The Heydar Aliyev Foundation has a great contribution to protection and development of Azerbaijan's oral folk literature and music heritage, provision of care for the material and non-material heritage of our country, as well as restoration of historical, religious and cultural monuments in Azerbaijan and abroad, opening of schools, kindergartens, health centers, scientific, cultural and social centers. “Framework Agreement for cooperation in the fields of education, sciences, culture and communication between the Government of Azerbaijan and UNESCO” was signed in Paris, 2013 that envisaged Azerbaijan’s providing UNESCO with a financial contribution of $5 million for implementation of many large-scale projects,” he added.
The meeting aims at exploring the possibilities of cooperation of Turkish-speaking countries in UNESCO, implementing various projects, discussing necessary issues such as inclusion of joint nominations into relevant lists of UNESCO and strengthening the relations between the countries. During the event, four round tables will be held on cultural and natural heritage, intangible cultural heritage, education and the memory of world programme.
The meeting is attended by government representatives, UNESCO and TURKSOY officials, heads of the Cooperation Council of Turkic Speaking States, TURKPA, International Turkish Academy, secretary generals and members of the National Commissions and Committees for UNESCO and other officials and experts for the fields of culture, science, education, information and communication technologies and activity of UNESCO.
- 18.03.2017Ganja takes up role as CIS Cultural Capital 2017
- 17.03.2017Nine nominations received for post of UNESCO Director-General
- 09.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards theatre figures
- 23.02.2017Khojaly 25 years on – an evocative musical remembrance in the centre of neutrality
- 10.02.2017Azerbaijan to mark Mstislav Rostropovich’s 90th birth anniversary
- 08.02.2017Iran rejects reports of ‘The Voice of Artsakh’ band preparing to give concert
- 02.02.2017Ilham Aliyev: Humanitarian sphere – one of main directions of Azerbaijan’s state policy
- 02.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev unveils monument to prominent conductor of Azerbaijan
- 27.01.2017Japanese film festival opens in Baku
- 18.01.2017Azerbaijani parliament set to discuss new draft laws in spring session
- 17.01.2017London hosts event dedicated to Azerbaijani mugham
- 16.01.2017Azerbaijani composer Fikrat Amirov remembered in Los Angeles
- 27.12.2016Azerbaijan to erect monument to prominent conductor Niyazi
- 26.12.2016Ilham Aliyev presents Heydar Aliyev Order to outstanding singer
- 25.12.2016Azerbaijani people’s artist Aghakhan Abdullayev dies
- 07.12.2016Azerbaijan comments on Armenian media reports on Lavash
- 01.12.2016Kazakhstan’s Turkistan elected as cultural capital of Turkic world
- 01.12.2016Lavash enters UNESCO Representative List of Intangible Cultural Heritage
- 25.11.2016Azerbaijani spirit headlines at EFG London Jazz Festival
- 14.11.2016Baku to host 5th Int’l Symposium on Azerbaijani Carpets
- 11.11.2016Abulfas Garayev awarded Shohrat order
- 11.11.2016Terra documentary screened at European Film Festival in Baku
- 10.11.2016Extra funds allocated for continuation of Ganja State Philharmonic construction
- 10.11.2016Every day Azerbaijani people feel consequences of Armenian occupation, says minister
- 07.11.2016President Ilham Aliyev addresses participants of 4th Baku Int’l Theatre Conference
- 07.11.20164th Int’l Theatre Conference kicks off in Baku
- 31.10.2016American rock band to give concerts in Azerbaijan
- 25.10.2016Heydar Aliyev Center to host exhibition by renowned Mexican sculptor
- 22.10.2016Screening of documentary "Young voices, Ancient Song" held in Baku
- 21.10.2016“Karabakh traditional clothes” book catalog presented in Baku
- 20.10.2016Map provocation by Armenians prevented at Frankfurt Book Fair
- 19.10.2016President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Music Center in Aghstafa
- 19.10.2016President Ilham Aliyev opens new building of Museum of History and Local Lore
- 04.10.2016President Ilham Aliyev unveils monument to world-renowned singer Rashid Behbudov - UPDATED
- 27.09.2016President Ilham Aliyev views Sumgayit State Drama Theatre
- 22.09.2016Emotional Khojaly 613 tone poem received in rapt silence during closing of Mulhouse festival
- 21.09.2016President Ilham Aliyev attended opening of Mingachevir City Museum of History
- 16.09.2016Azerbaijani parliament to discuss draft laws on inscriptions, intangible cultural heritage
- 15.09.2016Azerbaijani poet Nizami Ganjavi’s Khamsa published in Uzbek
- 14.09.2016Amina Yusif gizi honored with Shohrat order
- 18.12.2014State Service for Protection, Development and Restoration of Cultural Heritage established under Ministry of Culture and Tourism
- 24.01.2015Moscow hosts jubilee concert for Polad Bulbuloghlu - PHOTOSESSION
- 27.01.2015UN Secretary General to visit Azerbaijan
- 17.12.2014Baku to host meeting of National Commissions and Committees for UNESCO of TURKSOY member states
- 15.12.2014Participants of FEI General Assembly visit Heydar Aliyev Center - PHOTOSESSION
- 02.12.2014UNESCO does not consider lavash exclusive “Armenian bread” – Minister