Meeting of National Commissions and Committees for UNESCO of TURKSOY member states kicks off in Baku
The event is dedicated to the 20th anniversary of establishment of National Commission of the Republic of Azerbaijan for UNESCO.
Delivering a keynote speech, Azerbaijani Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov welcomed the guests and said it is not accidental that the event is being held in Baku.
“This year, we are celebrating the 20th anniversary of establishment of National Commission of the Republic of Azerbaijan for UNESCO. Azerbaijan has been closely cooperating with UNESCO in all important spheres, including education, science, culture, communication. Azerbaijan joined almost all conventions of the organization, became a member of various committees and hosted many international events,” he noted.
The FM said the policy pursued by Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev, ensured rapid development in social, economic, cultural and other fields, as well as expanded the state’s activities in the field of strengthening peace, prosperity, global intercultural dialogue and inter-religious tolerance in the world.
“We should emphasize the importance of Intercultural Dialogue Forum and Baku International Humanitarian Forum being held with the participation of UNESCO and TURKSOY in this regard. The works of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation headed by Mehriban Aliyeva in development of relations between Azerbaijan and UNESCO, promotion of our cultural heritage in the world and their preservation for future generations are of particular importance. The Heydar Aliyev Foundation has a great contribution to protection and development of Azerbaijan's oral folk literature and music heritage, provision of care for the material and non-material heritage of our country, as well as restoration of historical, religious and cultural monuments in Azerbaijan and abroad, opening of schools, kindergartens, health centers, scientific, cultural and social centers. “Framework Agreement for cooperation in the fields of education, sciences, culture and communication between the Government of Azerbaijan and UNESCO” was signed in Paris, 2013 that envisaged Azerbaijan’s providing UNESCO with a financial contribution of $5 million for implementation of many large-scale projects,” he added.
The meeting aims at exploring the possibilities of cooperation of Turkish-speaking countries in UNESCO, implementing various projects, discussing necessary issues such as inclusion of joint nominations into relevant lists of UNESCO and strengthening the relations between the countries. During the event, four round tables will be held on cultural and natural heritage, intangible cultural heritage, education and the memory of world programme.
The meeting is attended by government representatives, UNESCO and TURKSOY officials, heads of the Cooperation Council of Turkic Speaking States, TURKPA, International Turkish Academy, secretary generals and members of the National Commissions and Committees for UNESCO and other officials and experts for the fields of culture, science, education, information and communication technologies and activity of UNESCO.
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijan elected to one of UNESCO’s most important bodies
- 25.05.2018Press conference on documentary “The Last Session” held in Baku
- 21.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards Friendship Order to Anna Netrebko
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijan names first deputy minister of culture
- 18.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on several museum employees
- 09.05.2018Azerbaijan’s President awards art workers with presidential awards
- 09.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards cultural figures with presidential personal pension
- 01.05.2018Original portraits of Shah Ismail and son to be exhibited in Azerbaijan
- 30.04.2018‘Ali and Nino’ play to be premiered in Georgia
- 26.04.2018British Film Springs to life in Baku
- 23.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to confer honorary titles on several professionals over cultural heritage protection
- 03.04.2018“Absheron National Park” documentary presented
- 25.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev viewed newly-reconstructed Barda Mausoleum and Torpaggala Complex
- 06.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to director of Moscow Academic Theatre of Satire
- 05.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva attends opening ceremony of Cultural Center in Shagan
- 19.02.2018Arif Babayev awarded Sharaf Order
- 09.02.2018Alexander Sharovsky awarded ‘Sharaf’ Order
- 02.02.2018Rafig Azimov awarded Shohrat Order
- 01.02.2018Magsud Ibrahimbeyov Creative Center to be established in Azerbaijan
- 31.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on marking 120th anniversary of Azerbaijani cinema
- 23.01.2018Oscars 2018: The list of nominees in full
- 16.01.2018People’s Artist Chingiz Sadykhov laid to rest - UPDATED
- 10.01.2018Body of famous musician Chingiz Sadykhov to be brought to Azerbaijan
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers Shohrat orders upon Rauf Babayev and Flora Gasimova
- 28.12.2017Salkhab Mammadov awarded Sharaf Order
- 27.12.2017Film dedicated to famous Indian actor Dharmendra screened in Baku
- 22.12.2017Azerbaijan to mark 80th anniversary of composer Elza Ibrahimova
- 22.12.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to Golden Fox Award winner Steppe Man
- 20.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev presents "Heydar Aliyev" Order to People’s Artist Omar Eldarov
- 16.12.2017Vice-President of Heydar Aliyev Foundation Leyla Aliyeva attends poetry day in Gabala - UPDATED
- 07.12.2017Kamancha inscribed on UNESCO Representative List as cultural samples of Azerbaijan and Iran
- 06.12.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva inaugurates new building of music school named after Rostropovichs
- 06.12.2017UNESCO recognizes Azerbaijan's dolma as Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity
- 18.11.2017IV Baku Int’l Tourism Film Festival wraps up
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan to mark 10th anniversary of Baku Process
- 15.11.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to twinning project on culture
- 13.11.2017Funding of theatre industry in Azerbaijan down by 300%
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of Ganja State Philharmonic
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijan selects entry for Eurovision 2018
- 07.11.2017Azerbaijani classical music mesmerizes audience in Sacramento
- 18.12.2014State Service for Protection, Development and Restoration of Cultural Heritage established under Ministry of Culture and Tourism
- 24.01.2015Moscow hosts jubilee concert for Polad Bulbuloghlu - PHOTOSESSION
- 27.01.2015UN Secretary General to visit Azerbaijan
- 17.12.2014Baku to host meeting of National Commissions and Committees for UNESCO of TURKSOY member states
- 15.12.2014Participants of FEI General Assembly visit Heydar Aliyev Center - PHOTOSESSION
- 02.12.2014UNESCO does not consider lavash exclusive “Armenian bread” – Minister