“Karabakh traditional clothes” book catalog presented in Baku
Baku. Ramiz Mikayiloglu – APA. The “Azerbaijani Community of Nagorno-Karabakh” Public Union has organized an event to present the “Karabakh traditional clothes” book catalog.
The book has been published on the basis of grant “Shusha” allocated by the Science Development Fund under the President of Azerbaijan.
The book catalog, authored by Fazail Valiyev and Gulzade Abdulova, covers clothing culture of the population of Azerbaijan's historical and ethnographic region of Karabakh, its classification, local features, visual display, historical and ethnographic research, as well as affects of socio-political and economic-cultural affairs on the clothing culture through photos preserved within ethnographic materials, archives, museum collections, family storehouses.
The book-catalog was intended for scientists and experts, historians engaged in ethnography and art, master's degree holders and doctorates specialized in this field and for a wide range of readers.
In his speech, Public Union chairman Bayram Safarov spoke about the history of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, noting that an act of genocide was committed against Azerbaijanis with the support of USSR's 366th regiment.
He expressed confidence that under leadership of President Ilham Aliyev, Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity will be restored and internally displaced people will return to their native lands. Safarov noted the importance of preserving the national cultural heritage.
Addressing the event, Elchin Babayev, executive director of the Science Development Fund, underlined the importance of the book catalog and pledged the Fund will continue to support such projects in the future.
Authors Fazail Valiyev and Gulzade Abdulova gave detailed information about the book catalog.
The traditional clothes of Azerbaijan’s Karabakh region were showcased at the event.
- 24.05.2017Paris to host literary evening in honor of Azerbaijani poet Vagif Samadoglu
- 22.05.2017Firangiz Alizade awarded Sharaf Order
- 17.05.2017‘Ali and Nino’ premieres in Washington, DC
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijan to mark Bulbul’s 120th anniversary
- 06.05.2017Ministers of culture and tourism meet within framework of Baku Forum
- 05.05.2017Role of parliaments discussed at World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue in Baku
- 05.05.2017UN High Representative: Baku process has become a platform
- 05.05.2017Council of Europe calls on member states to pass laws to prevent discrimination
- 05.05.2017OIC: World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue ‘a crucial step’ taken to address global challenges
- 04.05.2017Armenia was also invited to participate in Baku Forum, says Azerbaijani minister
- 04.05.2017Azerbaijani minister: World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue is becoming global process
- 04.05.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva attends opening of newly renovated educational block of ASUCA
- 02.05.2017Sami Yusuf: Baku Shopping Festival – an excellent opportunity to promote Azerbaijan
- 01.05.2017Ramiz Guliyev awarded Sharaf order
- 28.04.2017Azerbaijan publicizes list of int’l organizations’ heads who will attend Baku Forum
- 25.04.2017Azerbaijani youth to receive higher education in film industry in Russia
- 13.04.2017The pain, joy and poetry of mugham comes to Paris
- 07.04.2017British Film Spring due in Baku
- 04.04.2017Polad Bulbuloglu: Very thoughtful, planned work needed to optimize UNESCO’s activities
- 18.03.2017Ganja takes up role as CIS Cultural Capital 2017
- 17.03.2017Nine nominations received for post of UNESCO Director-General
- 09.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards theatre figures
- 23.02.2017Khojaly 25 years on – an evocative musical remembrance in the centre of neutrality
- 10.02.2017Azerbaijan to mark Mstislav Rostropovich’s 90th birth anniversary
- 08.02.2017Iran rejects reports of ‘The Voice of Artsakh’ band preparing to give concert
- 02.02.2017Ilham Aliyev: Humanitarian sphere – one of main directions of Azerbaijan’s state policy
- 02.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev unveils monument to prominent conductor of Azerbaijan
- 27.01.2017Japanese film festival opens in Baku
- 18.01.2017Azerbaijani parliament set to discuss new draft laws in spring session
- 17.01.2017London hosts event dedicated to Azerbaijani mugham
- 16.01.2017Azerbaijani composer Fikrat Amirov remembered in Los Angeles
- 27.12.2016Azerbaijan to erect monument to prominent conductor Niyazi
- 26.12.2016Ilham Aliyev presents Heydar Aliyev Order to outstanding singer
- 25.12.2016Azerbaijani people’s artist Aghakhan Abdullayev dies
- 07.12.2016Azerbaijan comments on Armenian media reports on Lavash
- 01.12.2016Kazakhstan’s Turkistan elected as cultural capital of Turkic world
- 01.12.2016Lavash enters UNESCO Representative List of Intangible Cultural Heritage
- 25.11.2016Azerbaijani spirit headlines at EFG London Jazz Festival
- 14.11.2016Baku to host 5th Int’l Symposium on Azerbaijani Carpets
- 11.11.2016Abulfas Garayev awarded Shohrat order
- 22.10.2016Screening of documentary "Young voices, Ancient Song" held in Baku
- 25.10.2016Heydar Aliyev Center to host exhibition by renowned Mexican sculptor
- 31.10.2016American rock band to give concerts in Azerbaijan
- 20.10.2016Map provocation by Armenians prevented at Frankfurt Book Fair
- 19.10.2016President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Music Center in Aghstafa
- 19.10.2016President Ilham Aliyev opens new building of Museum of History and Local Lore