“Karabakh traditional clothes” book catalog presented in Baku
Baku. Ramiz Mikayiloglu – APA. The “Azerbaijani Community of Nagorno-Karabakh” Public Union has organized an event to present the “Karabakh traditional clothes” book catalog.
The book has been published on the basis of grant “Shusha” allocated by the Science Development Fund under the President of Azerbaijan.
The book catalog, authored by Fazail Valiyev and Gulzade Abdulova, covers clothing culture of the population of Azerbaijan's historical and ethnographic region of Karabakh, its classification, local features, visual display, historical and ethnographic research, as well as affects of socio-political and economic-cultural affairs on the clothing culture through photos preserved within ethnographic materials, archives, museum collections, family storehouses.
The book-catalog was intended for scientists and experts, historians engaged in ethnography and art, master's degree holders and doctorates specialized in this field and for a wide range of readers.
In his speech, Public Union chairman Bayram Safarov spoke about the history of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, noting that an act of genocide was committed against Azerbaijanis with the support of USSR's 366th regiment.
He expressed confidence that under leadership of President Ilham Aliyev, Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity will be restored and internally displaced people will return to their native lands. Safarov noted the importance of preserving the national cultural heritage.
Addressing the event, Elchin Babayev, executive director of the Science Development Fund, underlined the importance of the book catalog and pledged the Fund will continue to support such projects in the future.
Authors Fazail Valiyev and Gulzade Abdulova gave detailed information about the book catalog.
The traditional clothes of Azerbaijan’s Karabakh region were showcased at the event.
- 21.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards Friendship Order to Anna Netrebko
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijan names first deputy minister of culture
- 18.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on several museum employees
- 09.05.2018Azerbaijan’s President awards art workers with presidential awards
- 09.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards cultural figures with presidential personal pension
- 01.05.2018Original portraits of Shah Ismail and son to be exhibited in Azerbaijan
- 30.04.2018‘Ali and Nino’ play to be premiered in Georgia
- 26.04.2018British Film Springs to life in Baku
- 23.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to confer honorary titles on several professionals over cultural heritage protection
- 03.04.2018“Absheron National Park” documentary presented
- 25.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev viewed newly-reconstructed Barda Mausoleum and Torpaggala Complex
- 06.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to director of Moscow Academic Theatre of Satire
- 05.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva attends opening ceremony of Cultural Center in Shagan
- 19.02.2018Arif Babayev awarded Sharaf Order
- 09.02.2018Alexander Sharovsky awarded ‘Sharaf’ Order
- 02.02.2018Rafig Azimov awarded Shohrat Order
- 01.02.2018Magsud Ibrahimbeyov Creative Center to be established in Azerbaijan
- 31.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on marking 120th anniversary of Azerbaijani cinema
- 23.01.2018Oscars 2018: The list of nominees in full
- 16.01.2018People’s Artist Chingiz Sadykhov laid to rest - UPDATED
- 10.01.2018Body of famous musician Chingiz Sadykhov to be brought to Azerbaijan
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers Shohrat orders upon Rauf Babayev and Flora Gasimova
- 28.12.2017Salkhab Mammadov awarded Sharaf Order
- 27.12.2017Film dedicated to famous Indian actor Dharmendra screened in Baku
- 22.12.2017Azerbaijan to mark 80th anniversary of composer Elza Ibrahimova
- 22.12.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to Golden Fox Award winner Steppe Man
- 20.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev presents "Heydar Aliyev" Order to People’s Artist Omar Eldarov
- 16.12.2017Vice-President of Heydar Aliyev Foundation Leyla Aliyeva attends poetry day in Gabala - UPDATED
- 07.12.2017Kamancha inscribed on UNESCO Representative List as cultural samples of Azerbaijan and Iran
- 06.12.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva inaugurates new building of music school named after Rostropovichs
- 06.12.2017UNESCO recognizes Azerbaijan's dolma as Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity
- 18.11.2017IV Baku Int’l Tourism Film Festival wraps up
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan to mark 10th anniversary of Baku Process
- 15.11.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to twinning project on culture
- 13.11.2017Funding of theatre industry in Azerbaijan down by 300%
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of Ganja State Philharmonic
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijan selects entry for Eurovision 2018
- 07.11.2017Azerbaijani classical music mesmerizes audience in Sacramento
- 03.11.2017Salaries of Azerbaijan State Symphonic Orchestra’s artistic staff increased
- 31.10.2017European Film Festival to open in Baku on Nov. 2
- 22.10.2016Screening of documentary "Young voices, Ancient Song" held in Baku
- 25.10.2016Heydar Aliyev Center to host exhibition by renowned Mexican sculptor
- 31.10.2016American rock band to give concerts in Azerbaijan
- 20.10.2016Map provocation by Armenians prevented at Frankfurt Book Fair
- 19.10.2016President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Music Center in Aghstafa
- 19.10.2016President Ilham Aliyev opens new building of Museum of History and Local Lore