“Karabakh traditional clothes” book catalog presented in Baku
Baku. Ramiz Mikayiloglu – APA. The “Azerbaijani Community of Nagorno-Karabakh” Public Union has organized an event to present the “Karabakh traditional clothes” book catalog.
The book has been published on the basis of grant “Shusha” allocated by the Science Development Fund under the President of Azerbaijan.
The book catalog, authored by Fazail Valiyev and Gulzade Abdulova, covers clothing culture of the population of Azerbaijan's historical and ethnographic region of Karabakh, its classification, local features, visual display, historical and ethnographic research, as well as affects of socio-political and economic-cultural affairs on the clothing culture through photos preserved within ethnographic materials, archives, museum collections, family storehouses.
The book-catalog was intended for scientists and experts, historians engaged in ethnography and art, master's degree holders and doctorates specialized in this field and for a wide range of readers.
In his speech, Public Union chairman Bayram Safarov spoke about the history of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, noting that an act of genocide was committed against Azerbaijanis with the support of USSR's 366th regiment.
He expressed confidence that under leadership of President Ilham Aliyev, Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity will be restored and internally displaced people will return to their native lands. Safarov noted the importance of preserving the national cultural heritage.
Addressing the event, Elchin Babayev, executive director of the Science Development Fund, underlined the importance of the book catalog and pledged the Fund will continue to support such projects in the future.
Authors Fazail Valiyev and Gulzade Abdulova gave detailed information about the book catalog.
The traditional clothes of Azerbaijan’s Karabakh region were showcased at the event.
- 18.11.2017IV Baku Int’l Tourism Film Festival wraps up
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan to mark 10th anniversary of Baku Process
- 15.11.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to twinning project on culture
- 13.11.2017Funding of theatre industry in Azerbaijan down by 300%
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of Ganja State Philharmonic
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijan selects entry for Eurovision 2018
- 07.11.2017Azerbaijani classical music mesmerizes audience in Sacramento
- 03.11.2017Salaries of Azerbaijan State Symphonic Orchestra’s artistic staff increased
- 31.10.2017European Film Festival to open in Baku on Nov. 2
- 30.10.2017People’s Artist Rafig Huseynov passes away
- 24.10.2017Azerbaijan to mark 135th jubilee of prominent playwright Huseyn Javid
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan to mark 100th jubilee of composer Gara Garayev
- 27.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on National Art Museum employees
- 27.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards Carpet Museum employees
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on cultural figures
- 20.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev viewed Museum of History and Local Lore in Shamkir after major overhaul
- 14.08.2017President allocates 6.9 million for development of culture
- 12.08.2017Alim Gasimov awarded “Sheref” order
- 03.08.2017Israeli ambassador: Gabala music festival well-organized
- 31.07.2017Azerbaijan to celebrate 75th anniversary of Muslim Magomayev
- 31.07.20179th Gabala International Music Festival officially opens
- 29.07.20179th Gabala International Music Festival kicks off
- 14.07.2017Heydar Aliyev Foundation organizes Days of Azerbaijani Culture in Cannes
- 11.07.2017Advisory body refuses to add Shaki Khans’ Palace to UNESCO World Heritage List
- 16.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev presents “Istiglal” Order to People's Artist Fidan Gasimova
- 24.05.2017Paris to host literary evening in honor of Azerbaijani poet Vagif Samadoglu
- 22.05.2017Firangiz Alizade awarded Sharaf Order
- 17.05.2017‘Ali and Nino’ premieres in Washington, DC
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijan to mark Bulbul’s 120th anniversary
- 06.05.2017Ministers of culture and tourism meet within framework of Baku Forum
- 05.05.2017Role of parliaments discussed at World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue in Baku
- 05.05.2017UN High Representative: Baku process has become a platform
- 05.05.2017Council of Europe calls on member states to pass laws to prevent discrimination
- 05.05.2017OIC: World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue ‘a crucial step’ taken to address global challenges
- 04.05.2017Armenia was also invited to participate in Baku Forum, says Azerbaijani minister
- 04.05.2017Azerbaijani minister: World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue is becoming global process
- 04.05.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva attends opening of newly renovated educational block of ASUCA
- 02.05.2017Sami Yusuf: Baku Shopping Festival – an excellent opportunity to promote Azerbaijan
- 01.05.2017Ramiz Guliyev awarded Sharaf order
- 28.04.2017Azerbaijan publicizes list of int’l organizations’ heads who will attend Baku Forum
- 22.10.2016Screening of documentary "Young voices, Ancient Song" held in Baku
- 25.10.2016Heydar Aliyev Center to host exhibition by renowned Mexican sculptor
- 31.10.2016American rock band to give concerts in Azerbaijan
- 20.10.2016Map provocation by Armenians prevented at Frankfurt Book Fair
- 19.10.2016President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Music Center in Aghstafa
- 19.10.2016President Ilham Aliyev opens new building of Museum of History and Local Lore