Heydar Aliyev Foundation supports production of Objective Baku documentary commemorating victory over Nazism - VİDEO
The initial viewing will be hosted by the Heydar Aliyev Center. The documentary dedicated to the 70th anniversary of the Victory over Nazism was produced by Arzu Aliyeva, the Chief Producer, Louis Vaudeville, the Producer, and Robert Mugnerot, the Director, the Heydar Aliyev Center told APA.
The plot of the documentary reveals the role of the Azerbaijani people in defeating Nazism and the strategic importance of the Azerbaijani oil during the war.
In the course of the Great Patriotic War (1941-1945), 700 thousand men were drafted in Azerbaijan, 400 thousand out of them never made it back home. Meanwhile, Azerbaijan’s input to the war efforts was not only restricted to human resources. The role of the Azerbaijani oil in the Victory shall not be overseen. E.g. 72 per cent of the Soviet crude was produced in Baku. This implies that 7 out of 10 tanks or war planes were fuelled by Baku’s ‘black gold’.
The address by Arzu Aliyeva, the documentary’s Chief Producer, reads: “The 70th anniversary of the Victory over Nazism is to be celebrated on May 9, 2015. If not for the Baku oil, the Victory of the Soviet Union would have been at serious peril.”
According to Arzu Aliyeva, Objective Baku documentary pursues the goal to convey the message of Azerbaijan’s heroic history to the world, as well as to the country’s youth.
“On the other hand, this is the homage to the Azerbaijani population suffering the grievous impact of the war and forging the hard-earned Victory both at the frontline and in the rear.” – the Chief Producer concluded.
The documentary is the joint product by the Baku Media Center and the Clarke Costelle & Co. production company recognized for its documentaries.
It should also be noted that another documentary produced by Clarke Costelle & Co., Apocalypse: The Second World War, aired in 171 countries gathered the total audience exceeding 1 billion viewers.
Objective Baku took 14 months of substantial research in Azerbaijan, Germany, the US, the UK, France and Russia, with over 200 hours of videomaterials, photographs and other documents scrutinized.
The film provides a totally new approach to the history of World War II, i.e. through the prism of oil. The documentary also features some unique video snapshots of the WW2 battles never shown to this day in a totally new format of restored color film.
Along with the Azerbaijani version, the Russian, English, French, German and Italian versions of the documentary are available.
After the presentation at the Heydar Aliyev Center, the film is to be broadcast at the National Geographic channel in 26 countries on May 8, 9 and 10.
Related news releases
- 16.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev presents “Istiglal” Order to People's Artist Fidan Gasimova
- 24.05.2017Paris to host literary evening in honor of Azerbaijani poet Vagif Samadoglu
- 22.05.2017Firangiz Alizade awarded Sharaf Order
- 17.05.2017‘Ali and Nino’ premieres in Washington, DC
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijan to mark Bulbul’s 120th anniversary
- 06.05.2017Ministers of culture and tourism meet within framework of Baku Forum
- 05.05.2017Role of parliaments discussed at World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue in Baku
- 05.05.2017UN High Representative: Baku process has become a platform
- 05.05.2017Council of Europe calls on member states to pass laws to prevent discrimination
- 05.05.2017OIC: World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue ‘a crucial step’ taken to address global challenges
- 04.05.2017Armenia was also invited to participate in Baku Forum, says Azerbaijani minister
- 04.05.2017Azerbaijani minister: World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue is becoming global process
- 04.05.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva attends opening of newly renovated educational block of ASUCA
- 02.05.2017Sami Yusuf: Baku Shopping Festival – an excellent opportunity to promote Azerbaijan
- 01.05.2017Ramiz Guliyev awarded Sharaf order
- 28.04.2017Azerbaijan publicizes list of int’l organizations’ heads who will attend Baku Forum
- 25.04.2017Azerbaijani youth to receive higher education in film industry in Russia
- 13.04.2017The pain, joy and poetry of mugham comes to Paris
- 07.04.2017British Film Spring due in Baku
- 04.04.2017Polad Bulbuloglu: Very thoughtful, planned work needed to optimize UNESCO’s activities
- 18.03.2017Ganja takes up role as CIS Cultural Capital 2017
- 17.03.2017Nine nominations received for post of UNESCO Director-General
- 09.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards theatre figures
- 23.02.2017Khojaly 25 years on – an evocative musical remembrance in the centre of neutrality
- 10.02.2017Azerbaijan to mark Mstislav Rostropovich’s 90th birth anniversary
- 08.02.2017Iran rejects reports of ‘The Voice of Artsakh’ band preparing to give concert
- 02.02.2017Ilham Aliyev: Humanitarian sphere – one of main directions of Azerbaijan’s state policy
- 02.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev unveils monument to prominent conductor of Azerbaijan
- 27.01.2017Japanese film festival opens in Baku
- 18.01.2017Azerbaijani parliament set to discuss new draft laws in spring session
- 17.01.2017London hosts event dedicated to Azerbaijani mugham
- 16.01.2017Azerbaijani composer Fikrat Amirov remembered in Los Angeles
- 27.12.2016Azerbaijan to erect monument to prominent conductor Niyazi
- 26.12.2016Ilham Aliyev presents Heydar Aliyev Order to outstanding singer
- 25.12.2016Azerbaijani people’s artist Aghakhan Abdullayev dies
- 07.12.2016Azerbaijan comments on Armenian media reports on Lavash
- 01.12.2016Kazakhstan’s Turkistan elected as cultural capital of Turkic world
- 01.12.2016Lavash enters UNESCO Representative List of Intangible Cultural Heritage
- 25.11.2016Azerbaijani spirit headlines at EFG London Jazz Festival
- 14.11.2016Baku to host 5th Int’l Symposium on Azerbaijani Carpets
- 04.05.2015Heydar Aliyev Foundation to organize exhibition on Azerbaijan’s culture in Paris
- 06.05.2015Afag Beshirgizi awarded presidential personal pension
- 07.05.2015Magsud Ibrahimbeyov awarded Shohrat order
- 17.04.2015Popular Azerbaijani composer, people’s artist Ramiz Mirishli dies
- 29.03.2015Shafiga Mammadova awarded honorary diploma of President of Republic of Azerbaijan
- 29.03.2015Minister: Azerbaijan continues measures for early detection of reconnaissance, subversive and terrorist activities