Heydar Aliyev Foundation presents Azeri traditions in Cannes
These days, Cannes and surrounding towns have already been decorated with Azerbaijan’s presentation banners and boards.
Within the culture days to be held on July 7 different projects are considered to be presented. So, Azerbaijan d’Art Pyrotechnique will be presented in Cannes festival for the first time. Note that the grandiose illumination in the festival holding since 1967 is presented in the unity of colors and music. On July 4, Azerbaijani illumination group will present the show “Azerbaijan in music and colors” to the accompaniment of waltz from Gara Garayev’s “Seven Beauties” ballet, Niyazi’s “Rast” symphonic mugham, Fikrat Amirov’s “Shur” symphonic mugham, Muslum Magomayev’s “Azerbaijan” song, other classical and composers’ songs. During the festival, a special music score composed for this show will be played.
Azerbaijan’s jazz music will be played on July 5. Shahin Novrasli, Isfar Sarabski and Sabina Babayeva will present Azerbaijan’s famous jazz compositions.
On July 6, classical music night will be organized in France within the project on publicity and immortalization of Azerbaijan’s culture by Heydar Aliyev Center. On the same day, Soltan Hajibeyov’s “Caravan” symphonic poem, overture from Uzeyir Hajibeyov’s “Koroglu” opera, popular and composers’ songs will be played by Azerbaijan Symphonic Orchestra named after Uzeyir Hajibeyov.
Note that every project presented during the days of Azerbaijani culture will allow close recognition of ancient history, traditions and art examples of Azerbaijan. Local residents and tourists will be able to see Azerbaijan through different exhibitions. Among these exhibitions the “Maiden Tower” and “Gazelles” are very interesting. Small models decorated by artists of different countries will be presented in the “Maiden Tower” exhibition in the synthesis of various culture and traditions.
The “Gazelles” exhibition within the ecological project held under e initiative of Heydar Aliyev Foundation’s Vice President Leyla Aliyeva draws attention with its originality. Gazelle models have been prepared to draw attention to the extinct gazelles and decorated by artists from different countries of the world in this exhibition, which will last 20 days. These works also include plays of President of Heydar Aliyev Foundation Mehriban Aliyeva and Vice President Leyla Aliyeva.
“The cultural values of the pearl Caucasus” and “Emotions Exhibition” consisting of Azerbaijan’s modern art examples organized by Heydar Aliyev Foundation are significant for recognition of Azerbaijan and its cultural riches, modern art.
“National Kitchen Day” will allow familiarization with Azerbaijan’s national meals, hospitability, traditions.
A program to be organized on July 7 will allow recognition of history of the national cinema. “Arshin mal alan” film will be demonstrated in France.
The culture days will end with the concert program to be organized in the open air. “Natig” rhythm group, Azerbaijan State Dance Ensemble will play rhythms of land of fires, ancient balaban and tar will delivery the mugham to the participants.
Note that Heydar Aliyev Foundation has issued special editions in Azeri, English and French on Azerbaijan’s rich cultural heritage, information about old and modern Azerbaijan.
Related news releases
- 24.05.2017Paris to host literary evening in honor of Azerbaijani poet Vagif Samadoglu
- 22.05.2017Firangiz Alizade awarded Sharaf Order
- 17.05.2017‘Ali and Nino’ premieres in Washington, DC
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijan to mark Bulbul’s 120th anniversary
- 06.05.2017Ministers of culture and tourism meet within framework of Baku Forum
- 05.05.2017Role of parliaments discussed at World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue in Baku
- 05.05.2017UN High Representative: Baku process has become a platform
- 05.05.2017Council of Europe calls on member states to pass laws to prevent discrimination
- 05.05.2017OIC: World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue ‘a crucial step’ taken to address global challenges
- 04.05.2017Armenia was also invited to participate in Baku Forum, says Azerbaijani minister
- 04.05.2017Azerbaijani minister: World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue is becoming global process
- 04.05.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva attends opening of newly renovated educational block of ASUCA
- 02.05.2017Sami Yusuf: Baku Shopping Festival – an excellent opportunity to promote Azerbaijan
- 01.05.2017Ramiz Guliyev awarded Sharaf order
- 28.04.2017Azerbaijan publicizes list of int’l organizations’ heads who will attend Baku Forum
- 25.04.2017Azerbaijani youth to receive higher education in film industry in Russia
- 13.04.2017The pain, joy and poetry of mugham comes to Paris
- 07.04.2017British Film Spring due in Baku
- 04.04.2017Polad Bulbuloglu: Very thoughtful, planned work needed to optimize UNESCO’s activities
- 18.03.2017Ganja takes up role as CIS Cultural Capital 2017
- 17.03.2017Nine nominations received for post of UNESCO Director-General
- 09.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards theatre figures
- 23.02.2017Khojaly 25 years on – an evocative musical remembrance in the centre of neutrality
- 10.02.2017Azerbaijan to mark Mstislav Rostropovich’s 90th birth anniversary
- 08.02.2017Iran rejects reports of ‘The Voice of Artsakh’ band preparing to give concert
- 02.02.2017Ilham Aliyev: Humanitarian sphere – one of main directions of Azerbaijan’s state policy
- 02.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev unveils monument to prominent conductor of Azerbaijan
- 27.01.2017Japanese film festival opens in Baku
- 18.01.2017Azerbaijani parliament set to discuss new draft laws in spring session
- 17.01.2017London hosts event dedicated to Azerbaijani mugham
- 16.01.2017Azerbaijani composer Fikrat Amirov remembered in Los Angeles
- 27.12.2016Azerbaijan to erect monument to prominent conductor Niyazi
- 26.12.2016Ilham Aliyev presents Heydar Aliyev Order to outstanding singer
- 25.12.2016Azerbaijani people’s artist Aghakhan Abdullayev dies
- 07.12.2016Azerbaijan comments on Armenian media reports on Lavash
- 01.12.2016Kazakhstan’s Turkistan elected as cultural capital of Turkic world
- 01.12.2016Lavash enters UNESCO Representative List of Intangible Cultural Heritage
- 25.11.2016Azerbaijani spirit headlines at EFG London Jazz Festival
- 14.11.2016Baku to host 5th Int’l Symposium on Azerbaijani Carpets
- 11.11.2016Abulfas Garayev awarded Shohrat order
- 06.07.2013Night of Azerbaijani classical music to be held in Cannes
- 09.07.2013Film about Azerbaijan becomes one of international festival winners
- 29.07.2013Her Majesty Queen Noor of Jordan receives Nizami Ganjavi International Award
- 30.06.2013Certificate presentation ceremony held in connection with “Gabala Cultural Capital of CIS - 2013" - PHOTOSESSION
- 29.06.2013UNESCO Director General congratulates Azerbaijani people on occasion of 4000th anniversary of Ganja
- 26.06.2013Gabala declared CIS cultural capital for 2013