Heydar Aliyev Foundation presents Azeri traditions in Cannes
These days, Cannes and surrounding towns have already been decorated with Azerbaijan’s presentation banners and boards.
Within the culture days to be held on July 7 different projects are considered to be presented. So, Azerbaijan d’Art Pyrotechnique will be presented in Cannes festival for the first time. Note that the grandiose illumination in the festival holding since 1967 is presented in the unity of colors and music. On July 4, Azerbaijani illumination group will present the show “Azerbaijan in music and colors” to the accompaniment of waltz from Gara Garayev’s “Seven Beauties” ballet, Niyazi’s “Rast” symphonic mugham, Fikrat Amirov’s “Shur” symphonic mugham, Muslum Magomayev’s “Azerbaijan” song, other classical and composers’ songs. During the festival, a special music score composed for this show will be played.
Azerbaijan’s jazz music will be played on July 5. Shahin Novrasli, Isfar Sarabski and Sabina Babayeva will present Azerbaijan’s famous jazz compositions.
On July 6, classical music night will be organized in France within the project on publicity and immortalization of Azerbaijan’s culture by Heydar Aliyev Center. On the same day, Soltan Hajibeyov’s “Caravan” symphonic poem, overture from Uzeyir Hajibeyov’s “Koroglu” opera, popular and composers’ songs will be played by Azerbaijan Symphonic Orchestra named after Uzeyir Hajibeyov.
Note that every project presented during the days of Azerbaijani culture will allow close recognition of ancient history, traditions and art examples of Azerbaijan. Local residents and tourists will be able to see Azerbaijan through different exhibitions. Among these exhibitions the “Maiden Tower” and “Gazelles” are very interesting. Small models decorated by artists of different countries will be presented in the “Maiden Tower” exhibition in the synthesis of various culture and traditions.
The “Gazelles” exhibition within the ecological project held under e initiative of Heydar Aliyev Foundation’s Vice President Leyla Aliyeva draws attention with its originality. Gazelle models have been prepared to draw attention to the extinct gazelles and decorated by artists from different countries of the world in this exhibition, which will last 20 days. These works also include plays of President of Heydar Aliyev Foundation Mehriban Aliyeva and Vice President Leyla Aliyeva.
“The cultural values of the pearl Caucasus” and “Emotions Exhibition” consisting of Azerbaijan’s modern art examples organized by Heydar Aliyev Foundation are significant for recognition of Azerbaijan and its cultural riches, modern art.
“National Kitchen Day” will allow familiarization with Azerbaijan’s national meals, hospitability, traditions.
A program to be organized on July 7 will allow recognition of history of the national cinema. “Arshin mal alan” film will be demonstrated in France.
The culture days will end with the concert program to be organized in the open air. “Natig” rhythm group, Azerbaijan State Dance Ensemble will play rhythms of land of fires, ancient balaban and tar will delivery the mugham to the participants.
Note that Heydar Aliyev Foundation has issued special editions in Azeri, English and French on Azerbaijan’s rich cultural heritage, information about old and modern Azerbaijan.
Related news releases
- 03.04.2018“Absheron National Park” documentary presented
- 25.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev viewed newly-reconstructed Barda Mausoleum and Torpaggala Complex
- 06.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to director of Moscow Academic Theatre of Satire
- 05.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva attends opening ceremony of Cultural Center in Shagan
- 19.02.2018Arif Babayev awarded Sharaf Order
- 09.02.2018Alexander Sharovsky awarded ‘Sharaf’ Order
- 02.02.2018Rafig Azimov awarded Shohrat Order
- 01.02.2018Magsud Ibrahimbeyov Creative Center to be established in Azerbaijan
- 31.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on marking 120th anniversary of Azerbaijani cinema
- 23.01.2018Oscars 2018: The list of nominees in full
- 16.01.2018People’s Artist Chingiz Sadykhov laid to rest - UPDATED
- 10.01.2018Body of famous musician Chingiz Sadykhov to be brought to Azerbaijan
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers Shohrat orders upon Rauf Babayev and Flora Gasimova
- 28.12.2017Salkhab Mammadov awarded Sharaf Order
- 27.12.2017Film dedicated to famous Indian actor Dharmendra screened in Baku
- 22.12.2017Azerbaijan to mark 80th anniversary of composer Elza Ibrahimova
- 22.12.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to Golden Fox Award winner Steppe Man
- 20.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev presents "Heydar Aliyev" Order to People’s Artist Omar Eldarov
- 16.12.2017Vice-President of Heydar Aliyev Foundation Leyla Aliyeva attends poetry day in Gabala - UPDATED
- 07.12.2017Kamancha inscribed on UNESCO Representative List as cultural samples of Azerbaijan and Iran
- 06.12.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva inaugurates new building of music school named after Rostropovichs
- 06.12.2017UNESCO recognizes Azerbaijan's dolma as Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity
- 18.11.2017IV Baku Int’l Tourism Film Festival wraps up
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan to mark 10th anniversary of Baku Process
- 15.11.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to twinning project on culture
- 13.11.2017Funding of theatre industry in Azerbaijan down by 300%
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of Ganja State Philharmonic
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijan selects entry for Eurovision 2018
- 07.11.2017Azerbaijani classical music mesmerizes audience in Sacramento
- 03.11.2017Salaries of Azerbaijan State Symphonic Orchestra’s artistic staff increased
- 31.10.2017European Film Festival to open in Baku on Nov. 2
- 30.10.2017People’s Artist Rafig Huseynov passes away
- 24.10.2017Azerbaijan to mark 135th jubilee of prominent playwright Huseyn Javid
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan to mark 100th jubilee of composer Gara Garayev
- 27.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on National Art Museum employees
- 27.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards Carpet Museum employees
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on cultural figures
- 20.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev viewed Museum of History and Local Lore in Shamkir after major overhaul
- 14.08.2017President allocates 6.9 million for development of culture
- 12.08.2017Alim Gasimov awarded “Sheref” order
- 06.07.2013Night of Azerbaijani classical music to be held in Cannes
- 09.07.2013Film about Azerbaijan becomes one of international festival winners
- 29.07.2013Her Majesty Queen Noor of Jordan receives Nizami Ganjavi International Award
- 30.06.2013Certificate presentation ceremony held in connection with “Gabala Cultural Capital of CIS - 2013" - PHOTOSESSION
- 29.06.2013UNESCO Director General congratulates Azerbaijani people on occasion of 4000th anniversary of Ganja
- 26.06.2013Gabala declared CIS cultural capital for 2013