“Endless Corridor” film screened on London Live channel
Baku – APA. On May 19, a US and Lithuanian co-production independent documentary Endless Corridor was screened on “London LIVE” TV channel.
The screening was organized by The European Azerbaijan Society (TEAS) within the information and propaganda campaign “Justice for Khojaly” initiated by the vice-president of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation Leyla Aliyeva, TEAS told APA.
As the documentary Endless Corridor is produced based on the testimonies of the witnesses, it reflects all the realities of the Khojaly events. It took five years and a huge work to make this film. This film is a peerless work for deeper understanding of the massacre that happened in Khojaly.
Recalling that the first premiere of the film took place on July 1, 2014 in London at the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA). The vice-president of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation Leyla Aliyeva also participated at the presentation. The “Endless Corridor” film was produced by Aleksandras Brokas (Lithuania) and the “Grammy Award” winner Gerald Rafshoon (US). British BAFTA award winning actor Jeremy Irons narrated the film.
Following its international premiere throughout 2015, Endless Corridor attracted plaudits from critics across the world. It has received the Best Documentary and Best Director for a Documentary Prizes at the Tenerife International Film Festival in Madrid; the Best Documentary Editing Prize at the Milano International Filmmakers Festival; and in the prestigious US-based Accolade Global Film Competition, it achieved two awards – Best of Show in May 2015 and in January 2016 the Outstanding Achievement Award in the Accolade Humanitarian Awards 2015.
Within the information and propaganda campaign “Justice for Khojaly” the film has also been screened on the Turkish channels “TRT 1”, “Kanal 24”, “CNN Turk”, National Television of Albania, Israeli Channel “Channel 1” and Eurochannel TV.
Related news releases
- 24.05.2017Paris to host literary evening in honor of Azerbaijani poet Vagif Samadoglu
- 22.05.2017Firangiz Alizade awarded Sharaf Order
- 17.05.2017‘Ali and Nino’ premieres in Washington, DC
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijan to mark Bulbul’s 120th anniversary
- 06.05.2017Ministers of culture and tourism meet within framework of Baku Forum
- 05.05.2017Role of parliaments discussed at World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue in Baku
- 05.05.2017UN High Representative: Baku process has become a platform
- 05.05.2017Council of Europe calls on member states to pass laws to prevent discrimination
- 05.05.2017OIC: World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue ‘a crucial step’ taken to address global challenges
- 04.05.2017Armenia was also invited to participate in Baku Forum, says Azerbaijani minister
- 04.05.2017Azerbaijani minister: World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue is becoming global process
- 04.05.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva attends opening of newly renovated educational block of ASUCA
- 02.05.2017Sami Yusuf: Baku Shopping Festival – an excellent opportunity to promote Azerbaijan
- 01.05.2017Ramiz Guliyev awarded Sharaf order
- 28.04.2017Azerbaijan publicizes list of int’l organizations’ heads who will attend Baku Forum
- 25.04.2017Azerbaijani youth to receive higher education in film industry in Russia
- 13.04.2017The pain, joy and poetry of mugham comes to Paris
- 07.04.2017British Film Spring due in Baku
- 04.04.2017Polad Bulbuloglu: Very thoughtful, planned work needed to optimize UNESCO’s activities
- 18.03.2017Ganja takes up role as CIS Cultural Capital 2017
- 17.03.2017Nine nominations received for post of UNESCO Director-General
- 09.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards theatre figures
- 23.02.2017Khojaly 25 years on – an evocative musical remembrance in the centre of neutrality
- 10.02.2017Azerbaijan to mark Mstislav Rostropovich’s 90th birth anniversary
- 08.02.2017Iran rejects reports of ‘The Voice of Artsakh’ band preparing to give concert
- 02.02.2017Ilham Aliyev: Humanitarian sphere – one of main directions of Azerbaijan’s state policy
- 02.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev unveils monument to prominent conductor of Azerbaijan
- 27.01.2017Japanese film festival opens in Baku
- 18.01.2017Azerbaijani parliament set to discuss new draft laws in spring session
- 17.01.2017London hosts event dedicated to Azerbaijani mugham
- 16.01.2017Azerbaijani composer Fikrat Amirov remembered in Los Angeles
- 27.12.2016Azerbaijan to erect monument to prominent conductor Niyazi
- 26.12.2016Ilham Aliyev presents Heydar Aliyev Order to outstanding singer
- 25.12.2016Azerbaijani people’s artist Aghakhan Abdullayev dies
- 07.12.2016Azerbaijan comments on Armenian media reports on Lavash
- 01.12.2016Kazakhstan’s Turkistan elected as cultural capital of Turkic world
- 01.12.2016Lavash enters UNESCO Representative List of Intangible Cultural Heritage
- 25.11.2016Azerbaijani spirit headlines at EFG London Jazz Festival
- 14.11.2016Baku to host 5th Int’l Symposium on Azerbaijani Carpets
- 11.11.2016Abulfas Garayev awarded Shohrat order
- 28.05.2016‘Sari gelin’ song presented as Armenian in concert held in Germany
- 29.05.2016Elchin Shirinov brings the spirit of Azerbaijan to the Festival Jazz à Saint-Germain-des-Prés Paris - PHOTOSESSION
- 06.06.2016Honorary title ‘people’s artist’ conferred on Ramiz Fataliyev
- 17.05.2016Olzhas Suleimenov awarded honorary diploma of Azerbaijani president
- 14.05.2016Baku hosts festival "American Days"
- 11.05.2016Baku to host Iranian film week