Elnur Huseynov to represent Azerbaijan at Eurovision-2015 - VİDEO
He will perform his mystical contemporary ballad Hour of the Wolf
Baku – APA. The Azerbaijan Public Television (ITV) has named the singer who will represent the country at this year’s Eurovision Song Contest.
Elnur Huseynov is Azerbaijan’s choice for the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest, ITV told APA. He will perform his mystical contemporary ballad Hour of the Wolf.
Note that, Elnur Huseynov has previously represented Azerbaijan with the song Day After Day alongside his duet partner Samir at Eurovision-2008.
Elnur Huseynov said it will be a great chance for him to show off his talent as a solo artist.
“I believe in my entry song as it has so many powerful messages. It is truly a song with great meaning of which the most important is ‘that every heart deserves a fight’ and we should never give up. We must fight for our happiness and for the better future. I’m going to the Eurovision to share this message with the European audience,” said Elnur.
Elnur was a resident artist at the Azerbaijan State Academic Opera and Ballet Theatre and at the State Philharmonic Hall. He has also played the part of Phoebus in Azerbaijan's version of the famous musical Notre-Dame de Paris. On 18 February, 2015, Elnur won the fourth season of Turkish version of the international vocal talent show The Voice (O Ses Türkiye). In the final battle he has set up a record in the televoting history of the show by collecting over a million votes.
Note that, Azerbaijan’s debut at the Eurovision-2008 Song Contest was quite successful. In 2011, the country’s representatives, Ell and Nikky, became the winner with their song Running Scared. In 2012, Baku hosted the contest, which was joined by 42 participant countries.
Related news releases
- 16.12.2017Heydar Aliyev Foundation VP Leyla Aliyeva attends poetry day in Gabala
- 07.12.2017Kamancha inscribed on UNESCO Representative List as cultural samples of Azerbaijan and Iran
- 06.12.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva inaugurates new building of music school named after Rostropovichs
- 06.12.2017UNESCO recognizes Azerbaijan's dolma as Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity
- 18.11.2017IV Baku Int’l Tourism Film Festival wraps up
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan to mark 10th anniversary of Baku Process
- 15.11.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to twinning project on culture
- 13.11.2017Funding of theatre industry in Azerbaijan down by 300%
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of Ganja State Philharmonic
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijan selects entry for Eurovision 2018
- 07.11.2017Azerbaijani classical music mesmerizes audience in Sacramento
- 03.11.2017Salaries of Azerbaijan State Symphonic Orchestra’s artistic staff increased
- 31.10.2017European Film Festival to open in Baku on Nov. 2
- 30.10.2017People’s Artist Rafig Huseynov passes away
- 24.10.2017Azerbaijan to mark 135th jubilee of prominent playwright Huseyn Javid
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan to mark 100th jubilee of composer Gara Garayev
- 27.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on National Art Museum employees
- 27.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards Carpet Museum employees
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on cultural figures
- 20.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev viewed Museum of History and Local Lore in Shamkir after major overhaul
- 14.08.2017President allocates 6.9 million for development of culture
- 12.08.2017Alim Gasimov awarded “Sheref” order
- 03.08.2017Israeli ambassador: Gabala music festival well-organized
- 31.07.2017Azerbaijan to celebrate 75th anniversary of Muslim Magomayev
- 31.07.20179th Gabala International Music Festival officially opens
- 29.07.20179th Gabala International Music Festival kicks off
- 14.07.2017Heydar Aliyev Foundation organizes Days of Azerbaijani Culture in Cannes
- 11.07.2017Advisory body refuses to add Shaki Khans’ Palace to UNESCO World Heritage List
- 16.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev presents “Istiglal” Order to People's Artist Fidan Gasimova
- 24.05.2017Paris to host literary evening in honor of Azerbaijani poet Vagif Samadoglu
- 22.05.2017Firangiz Alizade awarded Sharaf Order
- 17.05.2017‘Ali and Nino’ premieres in Washington, DC
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijan to mark Bulbul’s 120th anniversary
- 06.05.2017Ministers of culture and tourism meet within framework of Baku Forum
- 05.05.2017Role of parliaments discussed at World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue in Baku
- 05.05.2017UN High Representative: Baku process has become a platform
- 05.05.2017Council of Europe calls on member states to pass laws to prevent discrimination
- 05.05.2017OIC: World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue ‘a crucial step’ taken to address global challenges
- 04.05.2017Armenia was also invited to participate in Baku Forum, says Azerbaijani minister
- 04.05.2017Azerbaijani minister: World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue is becoming global process
- 17.03.20154th International Mugham Contest comes to end in Baku
- 29.03.2015Minister: Azerbaijan continues measures for early detection of reconnaissance, subversive and terrorist activities
- 29.03.2015Shafiga Mammadova awarded honorary diploma of President of Republic of Azerbaijan
- 23.02.2015‘Ali and Nino’ film crew hold press conference - PHOTOSESSION
- 20.02.2015Azerbaijani President issues order on marking 200th anniversary of publication of Book of Dede Korkut
- 11.02.2015President Ilham Aliyev issues order on marking Vasif Adigozelov’s 80th anniversary
Top news of the day