Elnur Huseynov to represent Azerbaijan at Eurovision-2015 - VİDEO
He will perform his mystical contemporary ballad Hour of the Wolf
Baku – APA. The Azerbaijan Public Television (ITV) has named the singer who will represent the country at this year’s Eurovision Song Contest.
Elnur Huseynov is Azerbaijan’s choice for the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest, ITV told APA. He will perform his mystical contemporary ballad Hour of the Wolf.
Note that, Elnur Huseynov has previously represented Azerbaijan with the song Day After Day alongside his duet partner Samir at Eurovision-2008.
Elnur Huseynov said it will be a great chance for him to show off his talent as a solo artist.
“I believe in my entry song as it has so many powerful messages. It is truly a song with great meaning of which the most important is ‘that every heart deserves a fight’ and we should never give up. We must fight for our happiness and for the better future. I’m going to the Eurovision to share this message with the European audience,” said Elnur.
Elnur was a resident artist at the Azerbaijan State Academic Opera and Ballet Theatre and at the State Philharmonic Hall. He has also played the part of Phoebus in Azerbaijan's version of the famous musical Notre-Dame de Paris. On 18 February, 2015, Elnur won the fourth season of Turkish version of the international vocal talent show The Voice (O Ses Türkiye). In the final battle he has set up a record in the televoting history of the show by collecting over a million votes.
Note that, Azerbaijan’s debut at the Eurovision-2008 Song Contest was quite successful. In 2011, the country’s representatives, Ell and Nikky, became the winner with their song Running Scared. In 2012, Baku hosted the contest, which was joined by 42 participant countries.
Related news releases
- 18.03.2017Ganja takes up role as CIS Cultural Capital 2017
- 17.03.2017Nine nominations received for post of UNESCO Director-General
- 09.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards theatre figures
- 23.02.2017Khojaly 25 years on – an evocative musical remembrance in the centre of neutrality
- 10.02.2017Azerbaijan to mark Mstislav Rostropovich’s 90th birth anniversary
- 08.02.2017Iran rejects reports of ‘The Voice of Artsakh’ band preparing to give concert
- 02.02.2017Ilham Aliyev: Humanitarian sphere – one of main directions of Azerbaijan’s state policy
- 02.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev unveils monument to prominent conductor of Azerbaijan
- 27.01.2017Japanese film festival opens in Baku
- 18.01.2017Azerbaijani parliament set to discuss new draft laws in spring session
- 17.01.2017London hosts event dedicated to Azerbaijani mugham
- 16.01.2017Azerbaijani composer Fikrat Amirov remembered in Los Angeles
- 27.12.2016Azerbaijan to erect monument to prominent conductor Niyazi
- 26.12.2016Ilham Aliyev presents Heydar Aliyev Order to outstanding singer
- 25.12.2016Azerbaijani people’s artist Aghakhan Abdullayev dies
- 07.12.2016Azerbaijan comments on Armenian media reports on Lavash
- 01.12.2016Kazakhstan’s Turkistan elected as cultural capital of Turkic world
- 01.12.2016Lavash enters UNESCO Representative List of Intangible Cultural Heritage
- 25.11.2016Azerbaijani spirit headlines at EFG London Jazz Festival
- 14.11.2016Baku to host 5th Int’l Symposium on Azerbaijani Carpets
- 11.11.2016Abulfas Garayev awarded Shohrat order
- 11.11.2016Terra documentary screened at European Film Festival in Baku
- 10.11.2016Extra funds allocated for continuation of Ganja State Philharmonic construction
- 10.11.2016Every day Azerbaijani people feel consequences of Armenian occupation, says minister
- 07.11.2016President Ilham Aliyev addresses participants of 4th Baku Int’l Theatre Conference
- 07.11.20164th Int’l Theatre Conference kicks off in Baku
- 31.10.2016American rock band to give concerts in Azerbaijan
- 25.10.2016Heydar Aliyev Center to host exhibition by renowned Mexican sculptor
- 22.10.2016Screening of documentary "Young voices, Ancient Song" held in Baku
- 21.10.2016“Karabakh traditional clothes” book catalog presented in Baku
- 20.10.2016Map provocation by Armenians prevented at Frankfurt Book Fair
- 19.10.2016President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Music Center in Aghstafa
- 19.10.2016President Ilham Aliyev opens new building of Museum of History and Local Lore
- 04.10.2016President Ilham Aliyev unveils monument to world-renowned singer Rashid Behbudov - UPDATED
- 27.09.2016President Ilham Aliyev views Sumgayit State Drama Theatre
- 22.09.2016Emotional Khojaly 613 tone poem received in rapt silence during closing of Mulhouse festival
- 21.09.2016President Ilham Aliyev attended opening of Mingachevir City Museum of History
- 16.09.2016Azerbaijani parliament to discuss draft laws on inscriptions, intangible cultural heritage
- 15.09.2016Azerbaijani poet Nizami Ganjavi’s Khamsa published in Uzbek
- 14.09.2016Amina Yusif gizi honored with Shohrat order
- 17.03.20154th International Mugham Contest comes to end in Baku
- 29.03.2015Minister: Azerbaijan continues measures for early detection of reconnaissance, subversive and terrorist activities
- 29.03.2015Shafiga Mammadova awarded honorary diploma of President of Republic of Azerbaijan
- 23.02.2015‘Ali and Nino’ film crew hold press conference - PHOTOSESSION
- 20.02.2015Azerbaijani President issues order on marking 200th anniversary of publication of Book of Dede Korkut
- 11.02.2015President Ilham Aliyev issues order on marking Vasif Adigozelov’s 80th anniversary
Top news of the day