Closing ceremony of the “Korean film festival in Azerbaijan” held in Gabala - PHOTOSESSION
Gabala. Elvin Yagubov - APA. “Korean film festival in Azerbaijan” co-organized by the Foundation of Culture of Azerbaijan, Azerbaijan-Korean Cultural Exchange Association (SEBA), Korea Foundation and supported by the Embassy of Korea in Azerbaijan, which was opened on August 6, has ended today in Gabala.
According to APA’s local bureau, the official closing ceremony of the festival was held at Congress Center named after Heydar Aliyev in Gabala.
Speaking at the ceremony, the chief executive of Gabala region Sabuhi Abdullayev, chairman of the Azerbaijan-Korean Cultural Exchange Association (SEBA) Ruhangiz Heydarov congratulated the participants on successful completion of the festival.
It was noted that the festival was held in five regions of Azerbaijan - Ganja (July 6-12), Lankaran (July 13-19), Sumgait (20-29 July), Agdash (31 July - 6 August) and in the Gabala (7-15 August). During the festival, 10 films were shown in various genres of Korean production. All films have been translated into the Azerbaijani language with the support of Azerbaijan-Korean Cultural Exchange Association. It was emphasized that the movie was viewed about 21 thousand spectators.
Chairman of Azerbaijan-Korean Cultural Exchange Association (SEBA) Ruhangiz Heydarov in her speech noted that holding closing ceremony in Gabala is not chance. The capital of the ancient culture of Azerbaijan Gabala is the mistress of the many prestigious international forums, symposiums, cultural events, music festivals, exhibit and conferences, as well as sporting events.
Stressing that culture is “visit card” of the nation and the people Ruhangiz Heydarov noted with appreciation the contribution made to the development and preservation of the art of cinema in Azerbaijan, the national leader of Azerbaijani people Heydar Aliyev.
She emphasized that the festival coincided with the day of Azerbaijani cinema - 2 August, which was founded at the initiative of Heydar Aliyev.
Ruhangiz Heydarov also noted the invaluable role of the president of Heydar Aliyev Foundation and the Azerbaijani Culture Foundation, Goodwill Ambassador of UNESCO and ISESCO, MP Mehriban Aliyeva in the promotion and dissemination of the Azerbaijani culture in the world, thanked her for supporting the first conductive country "Korean Film Festival in Azerbaijan".
Stressing that culture and art are the values that unite the different peoples and countries, Ruhangiz Heydarov expressed confidence that the project will further strengthen the relations between Azerbaijan and Korea. She also congratulated the Korean people on the Independence Day and expressed gratitude for the support during the festival of the Korean Embassy in Azerbaijan and wished further success Korean filmmakers.
At the ceremony also delivered speech the ambassador of the Republic of Korea to Azerbaijan Choi Su-Kin, People's Artist of Azerbaijan Shafiga Mammadova, Chairman of the Union of Cinematographers, Honored Worker of Culture Ayaz Salayev. They spoke about the development of the art of cinema, the importance of holding such festivals in the promotion of cinema.
Chairman of the Republic Council of Elders, MP Fattah Heydarov called the "Korean Film Festival in Azerbaijan" striking cultural event.
According to him, demonstrating Korean films to Azerbaijanis helped viewer to discover the history, culture and traditions of the Korean people.
After the speeches, a documentary film was presented about the presentation of 10 films demonstrated in 5 regions. Then, the film screened by Korean director Lee Hyun Zhonguna "Steal My Heart" was demonstrated.
Note that the closing ceremony was attended by Minister of Emergency Situations of Azerbaijan, Colonel-General Kamaladdin Heydarov, representatives of the Ministry of Culture and Tourism of Azerbaijan, the famous film director Ilgar Najaf and Asif Rustamov, a famous poet, translator and playwright, honored worker of culture Baba Veziroglu and others.
- 16.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev presents “Istiglal” Order to People's Artist Fidan Gasimova
- 24.05.2017Paris to host literary evening in honor of Azerbaijani poet Vagif Samadoglu
- 22.05.2017Firangiz Alizade awarded Sharaf Order
- 17.05.2017‘Ali and Nino’ premieres in Washington, DC
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijan to mark Bulbul’s 120th anniversary
- 06.05.2017Ministers of culture and tourism meet within framework of Baku Forum
- 05.05.2017Role of parliaments discussed at World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue in Baku
- 05.05.2017UN High Representative: Baku process has become a platform
- 05.05.2017Council of Europe calls on member states to pass laws to prevent discrimination
- 05.05.2017OIC: World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue ‘a crucial step’ taken to address global challenges
- 04.05.2017Armenia was also invited to participate in Baku Forum, says Azerbaijani minister
- 04.05.2017Azerbaijani minister: World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue is becoming global process
- 04.05.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva attends opening of newly renovated educational block of ASUCA
- 02.05.2017Sami Yusuf: Baku Shopping Festival – an excellent opportunity to promote Azerbaijan
- 01.05.2017Ramiz Guliyev awarded Sharaf order
- 28.04.2017Azerbaijan publicizes list of int’l organizations’ heads who will attend Baku Forum
- 25.04.2017Azerbaijani youth to receive higher education in film industry in Russia
- 13.04.2017The pain, joy and poetry of mugham comes to Paris
- 07.04.2017British Film Spring due in Baku
- 04.04.2017Polad Bulbuloglu: Very thoughtful, planned work needed to optimize UNESCO’s activities
- 18.03.2017Ganja takes up role as CIS Cultural Capital 2017
- 17.03.2017Nine nominations received for post of UNESCO Director-General
- 09.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards theatre figures
- 23.02.2017Khojaly 25 years on – an evocative musical remembrance in the centre of neutrality
- 10.02.2017Azerbaijan to mark Mstislav Rostropovich’s 90th birth anniversary
- 08.02.2017Iran rejects reports of ‘The Voice of Artsakh’ band preparing to give concert
- 02.02.2017Ilham Aliyev: Humanitarian sphere – one of main directions of Azerbaijan’s state policy
- 02.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev unveils monument to prominent conductor of Azerbaijan
- 27.01.2017Japanese film festival opens in Baku
- 18.01.2017Azerbaijani parliament set to discuss new draft laws in spring session
- 17.01.2017London hosts event dedicated to Azerbaijani mugham
- 16.01.2017Azerbaijani composer Fikrat Amirov remembered in Los Angeles
- 27.12.2016Azerbaijan to erect monument to prominent conductor Niyazi
- 26.12.2016Ilham Aliyev presents Heydar Aliyev Order to outstanding singer
- 25.12.2016Azerbaijani people’s artist Aghakhan Abdullayev dies
- 07.12.2016Azerbaijan comments on Armenian media reports on Lavash
- 01.12.2016Kazakhstan’s Turkistan elected as cultural capital of Turkic world
- 01.12.2016Lavash enters UNESCO Representative List of Intangible Cultural Heritage
- 25.11.2016Azerbaijani spirit headlines at EFG London Jazz Festival
- 14.11.2016Baku to host 5th Int’l Symposium on Azerbaijani Carpets
- 17.08.2015Korean ambassador: Gabala and Gyeongju cities will sign twinning document
- 21.08.2015Korea to host Day of Azerbaijan
- 31.08.2015Israfil Israfilov becomes the director of the State Academic National Drama Theatre of Azerbaijan once again
- 07.08.2015Korean Film Festival opened in Gabala, Azerbaijan - PHOTOSESSION
- 01.08.2015Closing ceremony and the final concert of the 7th Gabala International Music Festival held - PHOTOSESSION
- 31.07.2015Korean Film Festival opened in Aghdash, Azerbaijan - PHOTOSESSION