Body of famous musician Chingiz Sadykhov to be brought to Azerbaijan
The body of prominent musician Chingiz Sadykhov will be brought to his homeland and buried at the second Alley of Honor in Baku, the information and public relations department of the Ministry of Culture and Tourism told APA.
At present, relevant state bodies are carrying out necessary measures under the instruction of the Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev.
An outstanding musician, talented pianist of Azerbaijan Chingiz Sadykhov died in the USA.
Sadykhov was born on April 5, 1929 in the city of Baku. He graduated from Bul-Bul Musical School in Baku and Azerbaijani State Conservatory. Mr. Sadykhov further studied for PhD degree in Moscow Conservatory under professor Goldenveyser.
The outstanding musician was a soloist and concertmaster of the Azerbaijan State Philharmonic Hall. He accompanied Azerbaijan's most prominent singers including Bulbul, Rashid Behbudov, Muslim Magomayev, Lutfiyar Imanov, Fidan and Khuraman Gasimova and others. Chingiz Sadykhov was a founder of Azerbaijan's professional vocal school, artistic director of “Azkonsert” creative association, professor of the Baku Music Academy and organizer and teacher at the Institute of Art in the Democratic Republic of Yemen.
A laureate of Azerbaijan's highest artistic honor - the People's Artist of Azerbaijan -, Mr Sadykhov was awarded the Order of Glory (Shohrat) by Azerbaijan's President Ilham Aliyev in 2009.
The musician lived in San Francisco, USA since 1994. He most recently resided in the city of San Jose and passed away on Dec. 30, 2017.
Related news releases
- 06.07.2018Azerbaijan to mark Azad Mirzejanzade’s 90th birthday
- 05.07.2018Sumgayit State Drama Theatre to mark 50th anniversary
- 05.07.2018Tamara Sinyavskaya awarded “Sharaf” Order
- 04.07.2018Azerbaijan to host 43rd session of UNESCO World Heritage Committee
- 28.06.2018New appointments at Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Culture
- 27.06.2018Azerbaijan names two deputy ministers of culture
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijan elected to one of UNESCO’s most important bodies
- 25.05.2018Press conference on documentary “The Last Session” held in Baku
- 21.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards Friendship Order to Anna Netrebko
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijan names first deputy minister of culture
- 18.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on several museum employees
- 09.05.2018Azerbaijan’s President awards art workers with presidential awards
- 09.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards cultural figures with presidential personal pension
- 01.05.2018Original portraits of Shah Ismail and son to be exhibited in Azerbaijan
- 30.04.2018‘Ali and Nino’ play to be premiered in Georgia
- 26.04.2018British Film Springs to life in Baku
- 23.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to confer honorary titles on several professionals over cultural heritage protection
- 03.04.2018“Absheron National Park” documentary presented
- 25.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev viewed newly-reconstructed Barda Mausoleum and Torpaggala Complex
- 06.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to director of Moscow Academic Theatre of Satire
- 05.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva attends opening ceremony of Cultural Center in Shagan
- 19.02.2018Arif Babayev awarded Sharaf Order
- 09.02.2018Alexander Sharovsky awarded ‘Sharaf’ Order
- 02.02.2018Rafig Azimov awarded Shohrat Order
- 01.02.2018Magsud Ibrahimbeyov Creative Center to be established in Azerbaijan
- 22.12.2017Azerbaijan to mark 80th anniversary of composer Elza Ibrahimova
- 22.12.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to Golden Fox Award winner Steppe Man
- 20.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev presents "Heydar Aliyev" Order to People’s Artist Omar Eldarov
- 16.12.2017Vice-President of Heydar Aliyev Foundation Leyla Aliyeva attends poetry day in Gabala - UPDATED
- 07.12.2017Kamancha inscribed on UNESCO Representative List as cultural samples of Azerbaijan and Iran
- 06.12.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva inaugurates new building of music school named after Rostropovichs
- 06.12.2017UNESCO recognizes Azerbaijan's dolma as Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity
- 18.11.2017IV Baku Int’l Tourism Film Festival wraps up
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan to mark 10th anniversary of Baku Process
- 15.11.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to twinning project on culture
- 13.11.2017Funding of theatre industry in Azerbaijan down by 300%
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of Ganja State Philharmonic
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijan selects entry for Eurovision 2018
- 07.11.2017Azerbaijani classical music mesmerizes audience in Sacramento
- 03.11.2017Salaries of Azerbaijan State Symphonic Orchestra’s artistic staff increased
- 16.01.2018People’s Artist Chingiz Sadykhov laid to rest - UPDATED
- 23.01.2018Oscars 2018: The list of nominees in full
- 31.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on marking 120th anniversary of Azerbaijani cinema
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers Shohrat orders upon Rauf Babayev and Flora Gasimova
- 28.12.2017Salkhab Mammadov awarded Sharaf Order
- 27.12.2017Film dedicated to famous Indian actor Dharmendra screened in Baku