President Ilham Aliyev unveils monument to world-renowned singer Rashid Behbudov - UPDATED
Baku - APA. President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev and his wife Mehriban Aliyeva have today attended a ceremony to unveil a monument to world-renowned Azerbaijani singer, USSR People's Artist, laureate of State Prizes, hero of Socialist Labor Rashid Behbudov in Baku Oct. 4.
The head of state was informed that the 3m high-monument in front of the State Song Theatre named after the world-renowned singer was made by People`s Artist, vice rector of Azerbaijan State Academy of Arts, Professor Fuad Salayev.
Joined by first lady Mehriban Aliyeva and the singer's family members, President Ilham Aliyev unveiled the monument.
The head of state laid flowers at the monument.
President Ilham Aliyev made a speech at the ceremony.
Chairperson of the Union of Composers, People's Artist of Azerbaijan, Professor Frangiz Alizade, people's artists Mubariz Taghiyev, Fidan and Khuraman Gasymovas and Rashid Behbudov's family member Kamil Shahverdiyev addressed the ceremony.
Azerbaijani first lady Mehriban Aliyeva and the event participants laid flowers at the monument.
The head of state then met with Rashid Behbudov's family members, and cultural and art figures who attended the event.
President Ilham Aliyev and first lady Mehriban Aliyeva then posed for photographs with the family members of the world famous singer and the event participants.
President Ilham Aliyev, his wife Mehriban Aliyeva and the ceremony participants then listened to songs from the repertoires of world-renowned singers Rashid Behbudov and Muslim Magomayev performed by Honored Artist Khayyam Mustafazade and singer Fakhri Kazim Nijat accompanied by Popular and Symphonic Orchestra of the State Song Theatre after Rashid Behbudov.
Related news releases
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on cultural figures
- 20.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev viewed Museum of History and Local Lore in Shamkir after major overhaul
- 14.08.2017President allocates 6.9 million for development of culture
- 12.08.2017Alim Gasimov awarded “Sheref” order
- 03.08.2017Israeli ambassador: Gabala music festival well-organized
- 31.07.2017Azerbaijan to celebrate 75th anniversary of Muslim Magomayev
- 31.07.20179th Gabala International Music Festival officially opens
- 29.07.20179th Gabala International Music Festival kicks off
- 14.07.2017Heydar Aliyev Foundation organizes Days of Azerbaijani Culture in Cannes
- 11.07.2017Advisory body refuses to add Shaki Khans’ Palace to UNESCO World Heritage List
- 16.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev presents “Istiglal” Order to People's Artist Fidan Gasimova
- 24.05.2017Paris to host literary evening in honor of Azerbaijani poet Vagif Samadoglu
- 22.05.2017Firangiz Alizade awarded Sharaf Order
- 17.05.2017‘Ali and Nino’ premieres in Washington, DC
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijan to mark Bulbul’s 120th anniversary
- 06.05.2017Ministers of culture and tourism meet within framework of Baku Forum
- 05.05.2017Role of parliaments discussed at World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue in Baku
- 05.05.2017UN High Representative: Baku process has become a platform
- 05.05.2017Council of Europe calls on member states to pass laws to prevent discrimination
- 05.05.2017OIC: World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue ‘a crucial step’ taken to address global challenges
- 04.05.2017Armenia was also invited to participate in Baku Forum, says Azerbaijani minister
- 04.05.2017Azerbaijani minister: World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue is becoming global process
- 04.05.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva attends opening of newly renovated educational block of ASUCA
- 02.05.2017Sami Yusuf: Baku Shopping Festival – an excellent opportunity to promote Azerbaijan
- 01.05.2017Ramiz Guliyev awarded Sharaf order
- 28.04.2017Azerbaijan publicizes list of int’l organizations’ heads who will attend Baku Forum
- 25.04.2017Azerbaijani youth to receive higher education in film industry in Russia
- 13.04.2017The pain, joy and poetry of mugham comes to Paris
- 07.04.2017British Film Spring due in Baku
- 04.04.2017Polad Bulbuloglu: Very thoughtful, planned work needed to optimize UNESCO’s activities
- 18.03.2017Ganja takes up role as CIS Cultural Capital 2017
- 17.03.2017Nine nominations received for post of UNESCO Director-General
- 09.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards theatre figures
- 23.02.2017Khojaly 25 years on – an evocative musical remembrance in the centre of neutrality
- 10.02.2017Azerbaijan to mark Mstislav Rostropovich’s 90th birth anniversary
- 08.02.2017Iran rejects reports of ‘The Voice of Artsakh’ band preparing to give concert
- 02.02.2017Ilham Aliyev: Humanitarian sphere – one of main directions of Azerbaijan’s state policy
- 02.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev unveils monument to prominent conductor of Azerbaijan
- 27.01.2017Japanese film festival opens in Baku
- 18.01.2017Azerbaijani parliament set to discuss new draft laws in spring session
- 19.10.2016President Ilham Aliyev opens new building of Museum of History and Local Lore
- 19.10.2016President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Music Center in Aghstafa
- 20.10.2016Map provocation by Armenians prevented at Frankfurt Book Fair
- 27.09.2016President Ilham Aliyev views Sumgayit State Drama Theatre
- 22.09.2016Emotional Khojaly 613 tone poem received in rapt silence during closing of Mulhouse festival
- 21.09.2016President Ilham Aliyev attended opening of Mingachevir City Museum of History