Azerbaijani minister: World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue is becoming global process
The World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue is becoming a global process as partner organizations keep growing in numbers, said Azerbaijan’s Minister of Culture and Tourism Abulfas Garayev.
He made the remarks at a press conference held in Baku May 4 in connection with the 4th World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue, APA reported.
The Azerbaijani minister expressed gratitude to the forum participants for supporting the Baku process.
“The UN Food and Agriculture Organization’s joining the forum is a significant fact. I believe that during the two days the forum participants will find Azerbaijani products delicious and safe,” he said.
The minister noted that the 4th World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue differs from previous forums in a number of ways.
“For the first time, a high-level assembly of international organizations within the framework of the World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue is expected to take place. We believe First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva will join the forum. A meeting on issues of combating extremism will also be held as part of this year’s forum on the initiative of Azerbaijan and UNESCO,” Garayev said.
The minister said the forum will also bring together ministers of tourism and culture.
“A special session on food safety will be organized within the framework of the forum. Vice-President of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation Leyla Aliyeva will deliver a speech at the session,” said Garayev, adding. “Moreover, a meeting of representatives of parliaments of different countries will be held as part of the forum. A special award will also be established during the forum.”
The minister went on to say that UNESCO Director-General Irina Bokova will also arrive in Baku tomorrow.
Garayev recalled that about 40 countries took part in the first forum held in 2011.
“This year the forum will bring together representatives of about 120 countries, 50 international organizations and 50 non-governmental organizations. All this shows the international community’s focus on the forum. The forum will for the first time be broadcast on the TV channel and website of the UN,” he added.
Related news releases
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on cultural figures
- 20.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev viewed Museum of History and Local Lore in Shamkir after major overhaul
- 14.08.2017President allocates 6.9 million for development of culture
- 12.08.2017Alim Gasimov awarded “Sheref” order
- 03.08.2017Israeli ambassador: Gabala music festival well-organized
- 31.07.2017Azerbaijan to celebrate 75th anniversary of Muslim Magomayev
- 31.07.20179th Gabala International Music Festival officially opens
- 29.07.20179th Gabala International Music Festival kicks off
- 14.07.2017Heydar Aliyev Foundation organizes Days of Azerbaijani Culture in Cannes
- 11.07.2017Advisory body refuses to add Shaki Khans’ Palace to UNESCO World Heritage List
- 16.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev presents “Istiglal” Order to People's Artist Fidan Gasimova
- 24.05.2017Paris to host literary evening in honor of Azerbaijani poet Vagif Samadoglu
- 22.05.2017Firangiz Alizade awarded Sharaf Order
- 17.05.2017‘Ali and Nino’ premieres in Washington, DC
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijan to mark Bulbul’s 120th anniversary
- 06.05.2017Ministers of culture and tourism meet within framework of Baku Forum
- 05.05.2017Role of parliaments discussed at World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue in Baku
- 05.05.2017UN High Representative: Baku process has become a platform
- 28.04.2017Azerbaijan publicizes list of int’l organizations’ heads who will attend Baku Forum
- 25.04.2017Azerbaijani youth to receive higher education in film industry in Russia
- 13.04.2017The pain, joy and poetry of mugham comes to Paris
- 07.04.2017British Film Spring due in Baku
- 04.04.2017Polad Bulbuloglu: Very thoughtful, planned work needed to optimize UNESCO’s activities
- 18.03.2017Ganja takes up role as CIS Cultural Capital 2017
- 17.03.2017Nine nominations received for post of UNESCO Director-General
- 09.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards theatre figures
- 23.02.2017Khojaly 25 years on – an evocative musical remembrance in the centre of neutrality
- 10.02.2017Azerbaijan to mark Mstislav Rostropovich’s 90th birth anniversary
- 08.02.2017Iran rejects reports of ‘The Voice of Artsakh’ band preparing to give concert
- 02.02.2017Ilham Aliyev: Humanitarian sphere – one of main directions of Azerbaijan’s state policy
- 02.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev unveils monument to prominent conductor of Azerbaijan
- 27.01.2017Japanese film festival opens in Baku
- 18.01.2017Azerbaijani parliament set to discuss new draft laws in spring session
- 17.01.2017London hosts event dedicated to Azerbaijani mugham
- 16.01.2017Azerbaijani composer Fikrat Amirov remembered in Los Angeles
- 27.12.2016Azerbaijan to erect monument to prominent conductor Niyazi
- 26.12.2016Ilham Aliyev presents Heydar Aliyev Order to outstanding singer
- 25.12.2016Azerbaijani people’s artist Aghakhan Abdullayev dies
- 07.12.2016Azerbaijan comments on Armenian media reports on Lavash
- 01.12.2016Kazakhstan’s Turkistan elected as cultural capital of Turkic world
- 04.05.2017Armenia was also invited to participate in Baku Forum, says Azerbaijani minister
- 05.05.2017OIC: World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue ‘a crucial step’ taken to address global challenges
- 05.05.2017Council of Europe calls on member states to pass laws to prevent discrimination
- 04.05.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva attends opening of newly renovated educational block of ASUCA
- 02.05.2017Sami Yusuf: Baku Shopping Festival – an excellent opportunity to promote Azerbaijan
- 01.05.2017Ramiz Guliyev awarded Sharaf order