Azerbaijani minister: World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue is becoming global process
The World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue is becoming a global process as partner organizations keep growing in numbers, said Azerbaijan’s Minister of Culture and Tourism Abulfas Garayev.
He made the remarks at a press conference held in Baku May 4 in connection with the 4th World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue, APA reported.
The Azerbaijani minister expressed gratitude to the forum participants for supporting the Baku process.
“The UN Food and Agriculture Organization’s joining the forum is a significant fact. I believe that during the two days the forum participants will find Azerbaijani products delicious and safe,” he said.
The minister noted that the 4th World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue differs from previous forums in a number of ways.
“For the first time, a high-level assembly of international organizations within the framework of the World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue is expected to take place. We believe First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva will join the forum. A meeting on issues of combating extremism will also be held as part of this year’s forum on the initiative of Azerbaijan and UNESCO,” Garayev said.
The minister said the forum will also bring together ministers of tourism and culture.
“A special session on food safety will be organized within the framework of the forum. Vice-President of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation Leyla Aliyeva will deliver a speech at the session,” said Garayev, adding. “Moreover, a meeting of representatives of parliaments of different countries will be held as part of the forum. A special award will also be established during the forum.”
The minister went on to say that UNESCO Director-General Irina Bokova will also arrive in Baku tomorrow.
Garayev recalled that about 40 countries took part in the first forum held in 2011.
“This year the forum will bring together representatives of about 120 countries, 50 international organizations and 50 non-governmental organizations. All this shows the international community’s focus on the forum. The forum will for the first time be broadcast on the TV channel and website of the UN,” he added.
Related news releases
- 18.11.2017IV Baku Int’l Tourism Film Festival wraps up
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan to mark 10th anniversary of Baku Process
- 15.11.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to twinning project on culture
- 13.11.2017Funding of theatre industry in Azerbaijan down by 300%
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of Ganja State Philharmonic
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijan selects entry for Eurovision 2018
- 07.11.2017Azerbaijani classical music mesmerizes audience in Sacramento
- 03.11.2017Salaries of Azerbaijan State Symphonic Orchestra’s artistic staff increased
- 31.10.2017European Film Festival to open in Baku on Nov. 2
- 30.10.2017People’s Artist Rafig Huseynov passes away
- 24.10.2017Azerbaijan to mark 135th jubilee of prominent playwright Huseyn Javid
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan to mark 100th jubilee of composer Gara Garayev
- 27.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on National Art Museum employees
- 27.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards Carpet Museum employees
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on cultural figures
- 20.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev viewed Museum of History and Local Lore in Shamkir after major overhaul
- 14.08.2017President allocates 6.9 million for development of culture
- 12.08.2017Alim Gasimov awarded “Sheref” order
- 03.08.2017Israeli ambassador: Gabala music festival well-organized
- 31.07.2017Azerbaijan to celebrate 75th anniversary of Muslim Magomayev
- 31.07.20179th Gabala International Music Festival officially opens
- 29.07.20179th Gabala International Music Festival kicks off
- 14.07.2017Heydar Aliyev Foundation organizes Days of Azerbaijani Culture in Cannes
- 11.07.2017Advisory body refuses to add Shaki Khans’ Palace to UNESCO World Heritage List
- 16.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev presents “Istiglal” Order to People's Artist Fidan Gasimova
- 24.05.2017Paris to host literary evening in honor of Azerbaijani poet Vagif Samadoglu
- 22.05.2017Firangiz Alizade awarded Sharaf Order
- 17.05.2017‘Ali and Nino’ premieres in Washington, DC
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijan to mark Bulbul’s 120th anniversary
- 06.05.2017Ministers of culture and tourism meet within framework of Baku Forum
- 05.05.2017Role of parliaments discussed at World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue in Baku
- 05.05.2017UN High Representative: Baku process has become a platform
- 28.04.2017Azerbaijan publicizes list of int’l organizations’ heads who will attend Baku Forum
- 25.04.2017Azerbaijani youth to receive higher education in film industry in Russia
- 13.04.2017The pain, joy and poetry of mugham comes to Paris
- 07.04.2017British Film Spring due in Baku
- 04.04.2017Polad Bulbuloglu: Very thoughtful, planned work needed to optimize UNESCO’s activities
- 18.03.2017Ganja takes up role as CIS Cultural Capital 2017
- 17.03.2017Nine nominations received for post of UNESCO Director-General
- 09.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards theatre figures
- 04.05.2017Armenia was also invited to participate in Baku Forum, says Azerbaijani minister
- 05.05.2017OIC: World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue ‘a crucial step’ taken to address global challenges
- 05.05.2017Council of Europe calls on member states to pass laws to prevent discrimination
- 04.05.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva attends opening of newly renovated educational block of ASUCA
- 02.05.2017Sami Yusuf: Baku Shopping Festival – an excellent opportunity to promote Azerbaijan
- 01.05.2017Ramiz Guliyev awarded Sharaf order