Azerbaijani minister of culture and tourism holds several meetings in New York - PHOTOSESSION
Mr Adams said Brooklyn and Sabail District, Baku, signed a protocol on friendship and cooperation last November.
He said he was deeply impressed by what he saw in the Azerbaijani capital when he was there to watch Eurovision song contest in 2012.
Mr Adams said many Azerbaijanis live in Brooklyn, adding they play an important role in the cultural life of the region. The parties considered naming one street in Baku “Brooklyn” and one in New York “Baku”.
Minister Garayev stressed the importance of expanding relations between cultural institutions.
He praised the opening of Baku-New York flight, saying it will contribute to broadening the exchange between Azerbaijan and Brooklyn in the fields of culture and education.
The minister highlighted Azerbaijan’s tourism potential, and noted the importance of promoting the country in New York.
Mr. Garayev invited the Brooklyn Borough President to the 3rd World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue to be held in Baku this May.
As part of the visit, Mr. Garayev also met with Rabbi Marc Schneier, President of the Foundation for Ethnic Understanding. He spoke about Azerbaijan’s ethnic diversity and traditions of tolerance, emphasizing President Ilham Aliyev’s attention to various ethnic minorities, especially to the Jewish community in the country.
Rabbi Marc Schneier stressed that Azerbaijan is a model of tolerance. He expressed his gratitude to the leadership of the country for its respect and attention to the Jewish community.
Azerbaijani Ambassador to the United States Elin Suleymanov and Permanent Representative to the United Nations Yashar Aliyev were also present at the meetings.
- 16.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev presents “Istiglal” Order to People's Artist Fidan Gasimova
- 24.05.2017Paris to host literary evening in honor of Azerbaijani poet Vagif Samadoglu
- 22.05.2017Firangiz Alizade awarded Sharaf Order
- 17.05.2017‘Ali and Nino’ premieres in Washington, DC
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijan to mark Bulbul’s 120th anniversary
- 06.05.2017Ministers of culture and tourism meet within framework of Baku Forum
- 05.05.2017Role of parliaments discussed at World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue in Baku
- 05.05.2017UN High Representative: Baku process has become a platform
- 05.05.2017Council of Europe calls on member states to pass laws to prevent discrimination
- 05.05.2017OIC: World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue ‘a crucial step’ taken to address global challenges
- 04.05.2017Armenia was also invited to participate in Baku Forum, says Azerbaijani minister
- 04.05.2017Azerbaijani minister: World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue is becoming global process
- 04.05.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva attends opening of newly renovated educational block of ASUCA
- 02.05.2017Sami Yusuf: Baku Shopping Festival – an excellent opportunity to promote Azerbaijan
- 01.05.2017Ramiz Guliyev awarded Sharaf order
- 28.04.2017Azerbaijan publicizes list of int’l organizations’ heads who will attend Baku Forum
- 25.04.2017Azerbaijani youth to receive higher education in film industry in Russia
- 13.04.2017The pain, joy and poetry of mugham comes to Paris
- 07.04.2017British Film Spring due in Baku
- 04.04.2017Polad Bulbuloglu: Very thoughtful, planned work needed to optimize UNESCO’s activities
- 18.03.2017Ganja takes up role as CIS Cultural Capital 2017
- 17.03.2017Nine nominations received for post of UNESCO Director-General
- 09.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards theatre figures
- 23.02.2017Khojaly 25 years on – an evocative musical remembrance in the centre of neutrality
- 10.02.2017Azerbaijan to mark Mstislav Rostropovich’s 90th birth anniversary
- 08.02.2017Iran rejects reports of ‘The Voice of Artsakh’ band preparing to give concert
- 02.02.2017Ilham Aliyev: Humanitarian sphere – one of main directions of Azerbaijan’s state policy
- 02.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev unveils monument to prominent conductor of Azerbaijan
- 27.01.2017Japanese film festival opens in Baku
- 18.01.2017Azerbaijani parliament set to discuss new draft laws in spring session
- 17.01.2017London hosts event dedicated to Azerbaijani mugham
- 16.01.2017Azerbaijani composer Fikrat Amirov remembered in Los Angeles
- 27.12.2016Azerbaijan to erect monument to prominent conductor Niyazi
- 26.12.2016Ilham Aliyev presents Heydar Aliyev Order to outstanding singer
- 25.12.2016Azerbaijani people’s artist Aghakhan Abdullayev dies
- 07.12.2016Azerbaijan comments on Armenian media reports on Lavash
- 01.12.2016Kazakhstan’s Turkistan elected as cultural capital of Turkic world
- 01.12.2016Lavash enters UNESCO Representative List of Intangible Cultural Heritage
- 25.11.2016Azerbaijani spirit headlines at EFG London Jazz Festival
- 14.11.2016Baku to host 5th Int’l Symposium on Azerbaijani Carpets
- 30.01.2015Azerbaijani Minister of Culture and Tourism meets with UN High Representative for Alliance of Civilizations - PHOTO
- 04.02.2015President Ilham Aliyev issues order on marking 100th anniversary of Gamar Almaszade
- 04.02.2015Polad Bulbuloglu’s jubilee concert held in Baku
- 27.01.2015UN Secretary General to visit Azerbaijan
- 24.01.2015Moscow hosts jubilee concert for Polad Bulbuloghlu - PHOTOSESSION
- 18.12.2014State Service for Protection, Development and Restoration of Cultural Heritage established under Ministry of Culture and Tourism