Azerbaijani minister of culture and tourism holds several meetings in New York - PHOTOSESSION
Mr Adams said Brooklyn and Sabail District, Baku, signed a protocol on friendship and cooperation last November.
He said he was deeply impressed by what he saw in the Azerbaijani capital when he was there to watch Eurovision song contest in 2012.
Mr Adams said many Azerbaijanis live in Brooklyn, adding they play an important role in the cultural life of the region. The parties considered naming one street in Baku “Brooklyn” and one in New York “Baku”.
Minister Garayev stressed the importance of expanding relations between cultural institutions.
He praised the opening of Baku-New York flight, saying it will contribute to broadening the exchange between Azerbaijan and Brooklyn in the fields of culture and education.
The minister highlighted Azerbaijan’s tourism potential, and noted the importance of promoting the country in New York.
Mr. Garayev invited the Brooklyn Borough President to the 3rd World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue to be held in Baku this May.
As part of the visit, Mr. Garayev also met with Rabbi Marc Schneier, President of the Foundation for Ethnic Understanding. He spoke about Azerbaijan’s ethnic diversity and traditions of tolerance, emphasizing President Ilham Aliyev’s attention to various ethnic minorities, especially to the Jewish community in the country.
Rabbi Marc Schneier stressed that Azerbaijan is a model of tolerance. He expressed his gratitude to the leadership of the country for its respect and attention to the Jewish community.
Azerbaijani Ambassador to the United States Elin Suleymanov and Permanent Representative to the United Nations Yashar Aliyev were also present at the meetings.
- 03.04.2018“Absheron National Park” documentary presented
- 25.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev viewed newly-reconstructed Barda Mausoleum and Torpaggala Complex
- 06.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to director of Moscow Academic Theatre of Satire
- 05.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva attends opening ceremony of Cultural Center in Shagan
- 19.02.2018Arif Babayev awarded Sharaf Order
- 09.02.2018Alexander Sharovsky awarded ‘Sharaf’ Order
- 02.02.2018Rafig Azimov awarded Shohrat Order
- 01.02.2018Magsud Ibrahimbeyov Creative Center to be established in Azerbaijan
- 31.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on marking 120th anniversary of Azerbaijani cinema
- 23.01.2018Oscars 2018: The list of nominees in full
- 16.01.2018People’s Artist Chingiz Sadykhov laid to rest - UPDATED
- 10.01.2018Body of famous musician Chingiz Sadykhov to be brought to Azerbaijan
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers Shohrat orders upon Rauf Babayev and Flora Gasimova
- 28.12.2017Salkhab Mammadov awarded Sharaf Order
- 27.12.2017Film dedicated to famous Indian actor Dharmendra screened in Baku
- 22.12.2017Azerbaijan to mark 80th anniversary of composer Elza Ibrahimova
- 22.12.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to Golden Fox Award winner Steppe Man
- 20.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev presents "Heydar Aliyev" Order to People’s Artist Omar Eldarov
- 16.12.2017Vice-President of Heydar Aliyev Foundation Leyla Aliyeva attends poetry day in Gabala - UPDATED
- 07.12.2017Kamancha inscribed on UNESCO Representative List as cultural samples of Azerbaijan and Iran
- 06.12.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva inaugurates new building of music school named after Rostropovichs
- 06.12.2017UNESCO recognizes Azerbaijan's dolma as Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity
- 18.11.2017IV Baku Int’l Tourism Film Festival wraps up
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan to mark 10th anniversary of Baku Process
- 15.11.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to twinning project on culture
- 13.11.2017Funding of theatre industry in Azerbaijan down by 300%
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of Ganja State Philharmonic
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijan selects entry for Eurovision 2018
- 07.11.2017Azerbaijani classical music mesmerizes audience in Sacramento
- 03.11.2017Salaries of Azerbaijan State Symphonic Orchestra’s artistic staff increased
- 31.10.2017European Film Festival to open in Baku on Nov. 2
- 30.10.2017People’s Artist Rafig Huseynov passes away
- 24.10.2017Azerbaijan to mark 135th jubilee of prominent playwright Huseyn Javid
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan to mark 100th jubilee of composer Gara Garayev
- 27.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on National Art Museum employees
- 27.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards Carpet Museum employees
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on cultural figures
- 20.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev viewed Museum of History and Local Lore in Shamkir after major overhaul
- 14.08.2017President allocates 6.9 million for development of culture
- 12.08.2017Alim Gasimov awarded “Sheref” order
- 30.01.2015Azerbaijani Minister of Culture and Tourism meets with UN High Representative for Alliance of Civilizations - PHOTO
- 04.02.2015President Ilham Aliyev issues order on marking 100th anniversary of Gamar Almaszade
- 04.02.2015Polad Bulbuloglu’s jubilee concert held in Baku
- 27.01.2015UN Secretary General to visit Azerbaijan
- 24.01.2015Moscow hosts jubilee concert for Polad Bulbuloghlu - PHOTOSESSION
- 18.12.2014State Service for Protection, Development and Restoration of Cultural Heritage established under Ministry of Culture and Tourism