Azerbaijani classical music mesmerizes audience in Sacramento
The Sacramento Youth Symphony performed on November 5, 2017 in the U.S. State of California’s capital city of Sacramento some of the best compositions of the Azerbaijani classical music by world-famous composers Fikret Amirov and Niyazi.
The concert that took place at the historic Crest Theater of the Golden State’s capital attracted close to 1000 classical music aficionados of the city, Azerbaijan’s Consulate General in Los Angeles told APA.
The concert was held, inter alia, with the support of Azerbaijan’s Consulate General in Los Angeles.
Led by its renowned artistic director Michael Newman, the Sacramento Youth Symphony is one of the best youth symphonies in the entire nation.
The Symphony’s premier orchestra was conducted by Azerbaijani guest conductor Mustafa Mehmandarov. Young Azerbaijani soprano Marziya Huseynova performed well-known works by Amirov and Niyazi. Both Azerbaijani musicians captivated the audience with their phenomenal performance.
Speaking before the concert, Azerbaijan’s Consul General in Los Angeles Nasimi Aghayev noted that it was the first time that the Azerbaijani classical music was being performed at such scale in California’s capital. Highlighting Azerbaijan’s rich musical heritage, the Consul General said: “Azerbaijan is a birthplace of the first opera, operetta and ballet in the Muslim world.” Aghayev thanked the Symphony, its artistic director Michael Newman, Azerbaijani musicians as well as the Azerbaijani community activist Shabnam Gafarova “for all their incredible efforts in turning this idea into reality.”
Concluding with the performance of Amirov’s celebrated “Azerbaijan Capriccio,” the concert was received with standing ovations.
Following the concert, the attendees were invited by the Azerbaijan Cultural Society of Northern California to enjoy delicious food from Azerbaijani cuisine.
- 18.11.2017IV Baku Int’l Tourism Film Festival wraps up
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan to mark 10th anniversary of Baku Process
- 15.11.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to twinning project on culture
- 24.10.2017Azerbaijan to mark 135th jubilee of prominent playwright Huseyn Javid
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan to mark 100th jubilee of composer Gara Garayev
- 27.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on National Art Museum employees
- 27.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards Carpet Museum employees
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on cultural figures
- 20.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev viewed Museum of History and Local Lore in Shamkir after major overhaul
- 14.08.2017President allocates 6.9 million for development of culture
- 12.08.2017Alim Gasimov awarded “Sheref” order
- 03.08.2017Israeli ambassador: Gabala music festival well-organized
- 31.07.2017Azerbaijan to celebrate 75th anniversary of Muslim Magomayev
- 31.07.20179th Gabala International Music Festival officially opens
- 29.07.20179th Gabala International Music Festival kicks off
- 14.07.2017Heydar Aliyev Foundation organizes Days of Azerbaijani Culture in Cannes
- 11.07.2017Advisory body refuses to add Shaki Khans’ Palace to UNESCO World Heritage List
- 16.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev presents “Istiglal” Order to People's Artist Fidan Gasimova
- 24.05.2017Paris to host literary evening in honor of Azerbaijani poet Vagif Samadoglu
- 22.05.2017Firangiz Alizade awarded Sharaf Order
- 17.05.2017‘Ali and Nino’ premieres in Washington, DC
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijan to mark Bulbul’s 120th anniversary
- 06.05.2017Ministers of culture and tourism meet within framework of Baku Forum
- 05.05.2017Role of parliaments discussed at World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue in Baku
- 05.05.2017UN High Representative: Baku process has become a platform
- 05.05.2017Council of Europe calls on member states to pass laws to prevent discrimination
- 05.05.2017OIC: World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue ‘a crucial step’ taken to address global challenges
- 04.05.2017Armenia was also invited to participate in Baku Forum, says Azerbaijani minister
- 04.05.2017Azerbaijani minister: World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue is becoming global process
- 04.05.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva attends opening of newly renovated educational block of ASUCA
- 02.05.2017Sami Yusuf: Baku Shopping Festival – an excellent opportunity to promote Azerbaijan
- 01.05.2017Ramiz Guliyev awarded Sharaf order
- 28.04.2017Azerbaijan publicizes list of int’l organizations’ heads who will attend Baku Forum
- 25.04.2017Azerbaijani youth to receive higher education in film industry in Russia
- 13.04.2017The pain, joy and poetry of mugham comes to Paris
- 07.04.2017British Film Spring due in Baku
- 04.04.2017Polad Bulbuloglu: Very thoughtful, planned work needed to optimize UNESCO’s activities
- 18.03.2017Ganja takes up role as CIS Cultural Capital 2017
- 17.03.2017Nine nominations received for post of UNESCO Director-General
- 09.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards theatre figures
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijan selects entry for Eurovision 2018
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of Ganja State Philharmonic
- 13.11.2017Funding of theatre industry in Azerbaijan down by 300%
- 03.11.2017Salaries of Azerbaijan State Symphonic Orchestra’s artistic staff increased
- 31.10.2017European Film Festival to open in Baku on Nov. 2
- 30.10.2017People’s Artist Rafig Huseynov passes away