“Arshin Mal Alan” successfully premiered in Hollywood - PHOTOSESSION
The iconic movie, which has already been shown in 136 countries in 86 languages, was re-mastered and colorized in 2013 in Los Angeles at the initiative of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation of Azerbaijan. Namely, this new version of the film was screened at Hollywood’s renowned Montalban Theater – the first fully automated theater in America.
“Arshin Mal Alan” is based on the operetta of the same name by great Azerbaijani composer Uzeyir Hajibeyli. The operetta is regarded as the first operetta in the Muslim world. The screening was dedicated to the 130th anniversary of Uzeyir Hajibeyli, 100th anniversary of the film’s main character, legendary singer Rashid Behbudov, and 70th anniversary of the film.
Welcoming the audience, Azerbaijan’s Consul General in Los Angeles Nasimi Aghayev informed the attendees about “Arshin Mal Alan”. Mentioning the fact that in 2001 Azerbaijan’s National Leader Heydar Aliyev advised the film to be restored to its original quality, the Consul General invited the audience to watch the said speech. Then the video of Heydar Aliyev’s speech was shown. Aghayev noted that this advice of the National Leader was fulfilled when the film was colorized and re-mastered in 2013 at the initiative of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation. The Consul General said that this enormously important project gave “Arshin Mal Alan” a new life. Speaking of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation, the Consul General highlighted the various cultural projects implemented by the Foundation under the dynamic leadership of Azerbaijan’s First Lady Mrs Mehriban Aliyeva, in Azerbaijan and abroad, for the promotion of Azerbaijani music and culture.
Noting the fact that September 18 is Uzeyir Hajibeyli’s birthday, Nasimi Aghayev expressed his gratitude to the City of Los Angeles as well as to six other cities in California for proclaiming this date as the “Uzeyir Hajibeyli Memorial Day” in their respective cities. Speaking of Azerbaijan’s legendary singer Rashid Behbudov, Aghayev said that Behbudov’s beautiful voice and great acting played the vital role in the success of the movie “Arshin Mal Alan”.
Then the daughter of Rashid Behbdov, Mrs. Rashida Rashid, who visited Los Angeles to attend the screening, was given the floor. In her remarks, Mrs. Rashid shared the memories of her father about the film. She thanked the Heydar Aliyev Foundation for this wonderful accomplishment and called it a great contribution to the preservation of Azerbaijan’s cultural heritage. She characterized the screening of “Arshin Mal Alan” in Los Angeles – the center of the global film industry – as an event of historic magnitude.
Afterwards the floor was given to the individuals who played a direct role in the colorization and re-mastering of the film: Igor Lopatonok, CEO of Global 3 Pictures; Price Pethel, visual effects specialist, Oscar Award winner in 2002; Jane Hicks, art director for films by many Hollywood companies including Sony Pictures and Walt Disney Studios. The speakers expressed their immense satisfaction of being part of these projects and stressed the importance of “Arshin Mal Alan” for the world culture.
Then the movie was screened. Once again, “Arshin Mal Alan” easily won hearts and minds, mesmerizing the audience with its witty plot, amazing music, great singing and flawless acting.
- 18.03.2017Ganja takes up role as CIS Cultural Capital 2017
- 17.03.2017Nine nominations received for post of UNESCO Director-General
- 09.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards theatre figures
- 23.02.2017Khojaly 25 years on – an evocative musical remembrance in the centre of neutrality
- 10.02.2017Azerbaijan to mark Mstislav Rostropovich’s 90th birth anniversary
- 08.02.2017Iran rejects reports of ‘The Voice of Artsakh’ band preparing to give concert
- 02.02.2017Ilham Aliyev: Humanitarian sphere – one of main directions of Azerbaijan’s state policy
- 02.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev unveils monument to prominent conductor of Azerbaijan
- 27.01.2017Japanese film festival opens in Baku
- 18.01.2017Azerbaijani parliament set to discuss new draft laws in spring session
- 17.01.2017London hosts event dedicated to Azerbaijani mugham
- 16.01.2017Azerbaijani composer Fikrat Amirov remembered in Los Angeles
- 27.12.2016Azerbaijan to erect monument to prominent conductor Niyazi
- 26.12.2016Ilham Aliyev presents Heydar Aliyev Order to outstanding singer
- 25.12.2016Azerbaijani people’s artist Aghakhan Abdullayev dies
- 07.12.2016Azerbaijan comments on Armenian media reports on Lavash
- 01.12.2016Kazakhstan’s Turkistan elected as cultural capital of Turkic world
- 01.12.2016Lavash enters UNESCO Representative List of Intangible Cultural Heritage
- 25.11.2016Azerbaijani spirit headlines at EFG London Jazz Festival
- 14.11.2016Baku to host 5th Int’l Symposium on Azerbaijani Carpets
- 11.11.2016Abulfas Garayev awarded Shohrat order
- 11.11.2016Terra documentary screened at European Film Festival in Baku
- 10.11.2016Extra funds allocated for continuation of Ganja State Philharmonic construction
- 10.11.2016Every day Azerbaijani people feel consequences of Armenian occupation, says minister
- 07.11.2016President Ilham Aliyev addresses participants of 4th Baku Int’l Theatre Conference
- 07.11.20164th Int’l Theatre Conference kicks off in Baku
- 31.10.2016American rock band to give concerts in Azerbaijan
- 25.10.2016Heydar Aliyev Center to host exhibition by renowned Mexican sculptor
- 22.10.2016Screening of documentary "Young voices, Ancient Song" held in Baku
- 21.10.2016“Karabakh traditional clothes” book catalog presented in Baku
- 20.10.2016Map provocation by Armenians prevented at Frankfurt Book Fair
- 19.10.2016President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Music Center in Aghstafa
- 19.10.2016President Ilham Aliyev opens new building of Museum of History and Local Lore
- 04.10.2016President Ilham Aliyev unveils monument to world-renowned singer Rashid Behbudov - UPDATED
- 27.09.2016President Ilham Aliyev views Sumgayit State Drama Theatre
- 22.09.2016Emotional Khojaly 613 tone poem received in rapt silence during closing of Mulhouse festival
- 21.09.2016President Ilham Aliyev attended opening of Mingachevir City Museum of History
- 16.09.2016Azerbaijani parliament to discuss draft laws on inscriptions, intangible cultural heritage
- 15.09.2016Azerbaijani poet Nizami Ganjavi’s Khamsa published in Uzbek
- 14.09.2016Amina Yusif gizi honored with Shohrat order
- 22.09.2015Honorary titles conferred on cultural figures - LIST
- 14.10.2015Azerbaijan to mark Jahangir Zeynalov’s 150th jubilee
- 24.10.2015Abulfas Garayev delivers speech at conference in Oxford University
- 18.09.2015Los Angeles proclaims “Uzeyir Hajibeyli Day” - PHOTO
- 09.09.2015Farewell ceremony for People's artist of Azerbaijan Habil Aliyev to be held tomorrow
- 05.09.2015British theatre troupe to perform 'Hamlet' play in Baku