“Arshin Mal Alan” successfully premiered in Hollywood - PHOTOSESSION
The iconic movie, which has already been shown in 136 countries in 86 languages, was re-mastered and colorized in 2013 in Los Angeles at the initiative of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation of Azerbaijan. Namely, this new version of the film was screened at Hollywood’s renowned Montalban Theater – the first fully automated theater in America.
“Arshin Mal Alan” is based on the operetta of the same name by great Azerbaijani composer Uzeyir Hajibeyli. The operetta is regarded as the first operetta in the Muslim world. The screening was dedicated to the 130th anniversary of Uzeyir Hajibeyli, 100th anniversary of the film’s main character, legendary singer Rashid Behbudov, and 70th anniversary of the film.
Welcoming the audience, Azerbaijan’s Consul General in Los Angeles Nasimi Aghayev informed the attendees about “Arshin Mal Alan”. Mentioning the fact that in 2001 Azerbaijan’s National Leader Heydar Aliyev advised the film to be restored to its original quality, the Consul General invited the audience to watch the said speech. Then the video of Heydar Aliyev’s speech was shown. Aghayev noted that this advice of the National Leader was fulfilled when the film was colorized and re-mastered in 2013 at the initiative of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation. The Consul General said that this enormously important project gave “Arshin Mal Alan” a new life. Speaking of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation, the Consul General highlighted the various cultural projects implemented by the Foundation under the dynamic leadership of Azerbaijan’s First Lady Mrs Mehriban Aliyeva, in Azerbaijan and abroad, for the promotion of Azerbaijani music and culture.
Noting the fact that September 18 is Uzeyir Hajibeyli’s birthday, Nasimi Aghayev expressed his gratitude to the City of Los Angeles as well as to six other cities in California for proclaiming this date as the “Uzeyir Hajibeyli Memorial Day” in their respective cities. Speaking of Azerbaijan’s legendary singer Rashid Behbudov, Aghayev said that Behbudov’s beautiful voice and great acting played the vital role in the success of the movie “Arshin Mal Alan”.
Then the daughter of Rashid Behbdov, Mrs. Rashida Rashid, who visited Los Angeles to attend the screening, was given the floor. In her remarks, Mrs. Rashid shared the memories of her father about the film. She thanked the Heydar Aliyev Foundation for this wonderful accomplishment and called it a great contribution to the preservation of Azerbaijan’s cultural heritage. She characterized the screening of “Arshin Mal Alan” in Los Angeles – the center of the global film industry – as an event of historic magnitude.
Afterwards the floor was given to the individuals who played a direct role in the colorization and re-mastering of the film: Igor Lopatonok, CEO of Global 3 Pictures; Price Pethel, visual effects specialist, Oscar Award winner in 2002; Jane Hicks, art director for films by many Hollywood companies including Sony Pictures and Walt Disney Studios. The speakers expressed their immense satisfaction of being part of these projects and stressed the importance of “Arshin Mal Alan” for the world culture.
Then the movie was screened. Once again, “Arshin Mal Alan” easily won hearts and minds, mesmerizing the audience with its witty plot, amazing music, great singing and flawless acting.
- 19.02.2018Arif Babayev awarded Sharaf Order
- 09.02.2018Alexander Sharovsky awarded ‘Sharaf’ Order
- 02.02.2018Rafig Azimov awarded Shohrat Order
- 01.02.2018Magsud Ibrahimbeyov Creative Center to be established in Azerbaijan
- 31.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on marking 120th anniversary of Azerbaijani cinema
- 23.01.2018Oscars 2018: The list of nominees in full
- 16.01.2018People’s Artist Chingiz Sadykhov laid to rest - UPDATED
- 10.01.2018Body of famous musician Chingiz Sadykhov to be brought to Azerbaijan
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers Shohrat orders upon Rauf Babayev and Flora Gasimova
- 28.12.2017Salkhab Mammadov awarded Sharaf Order
- 27.12.2017Film dedicated to famous Indian actor Dharmendra screened in Baku
- 22.12.2017Azerbaijan to mark 80th anniversary of composer Elza Ibrahimova
- 22.12.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to Golden Fox Award winner Steppe Man
- 20.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev presents "Heydar Aliyev" Order to People’s Artist Omar Eldarov
- 16.12.2017Vice-President of Heydar Aliyev Foundation Leyla Aliyeva attends poetry day in Gabala - UPDATED
- 07.12.2017Kamancha inscribed on UNESCO Representative List as cultural samples of Azerbaijan and Iran
- 06.12.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva inaugurates new building of music school named after Rostropovichs
- 06.12.2017UNESCO recognizes Azerbaijan's dolma as Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity
- 18.11.2017IV Baku Int’l Tourism Film Festival wraps up
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan to mark 10th anniversary of Baku Process
- 15.11.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to twinning project on culture
- 13.11.2017Funding of theatre industry in Azerbaijan down by 300%
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of Ganja State Philharmonic
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijan selects entry for Eurovision 2018
- 07.11.2017Azerbaijani classical music mesmerizes audience in Sacramento
- 03.11.2017Salaries of Azerbaijan State Symphonic Orchestra’s artistic staff increased
- 31.10.2017European Film Festival to open in Baku on Nov. 2
- 30.10.2017People’s Artist Rafig Huseynov passes away
- 24.10.2017Azerbaijan to mark 135th jubilee of prominent playwright Huseyn Javid
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan to mark 100th jubilee of composer Gara Garayev
- 27.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on National Art Museum employees
- 27.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards Carpet Museum employees
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on cultural figures
- 20.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev viewed Museum of History and Local Lore in Shamkir after major overhaul
- 14.08.2017President allocates 6.9 million for development of culture
- 12.08.2017Alim Gasimov awarded “Sheref” order
- 03.08.2017Israeli ambassador: Gabala music festival well-organized
- 31.07.2017Azerbaijan to celebrate 75th anniversary of Muslim Magomayev
- 31.07.20179th Gabala International Music Festival officially opens
- 29.07.20179th Gabala International Music Festival kicks off
- 22.09.2015Honorary titles conferred on cultural figures - LIST
- 14.10.2015Azerbaijan to mark Jahangir Zeynalov’s 150th jubilee
- 24.10.2015Abulfas Garayev delivers speech at conference in Oxford University
- 18.09.2015Los Angeles proclaims “Uzeyir Hajibeyli Day” - PHOTO
- 09.09.2015Farewell ceremony for People's artist of Azerbaijan Habil Aliyev to be held tomorrow
- 05.09.2015British theatre troupe to perform 'Hamlet' play in Baku